Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You Mad?
10 August 2013, 00:47,
RE: Are You Mad?
Sanity or insanity can be defined based on the event for which one is "prepping".

My prepping is based on the extremes of weather in my area; Tornado, blizzard, Ice storms, drought, extended power outages, disruptions in communication and transport. All of those events happen on a regular basis in my area. I deal with one or more every year.

The fact that my stores and equipment can be used for other possible scenarios is an extension of common sense.

I am not preparing for TEOTWAWKI, and do not anticipate any of the mythical pet scenarios loved by one and all. I am just trying to stay alive as I go over the next bump in the road nature throws at me.
10 August 2013, 09:23,
I don't feel remotely mad, insane or unbalanced. I was starting to feel a bit paranoid before I discovered this Forum, and it was a real relief to discover that I was not the only person who was feeling very uneasy about the way the world was going. Nope, I now feel encouraged to carry on, and I KNOW I am doing the right things.

Preppers rule! I say.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
10 August 2013, 09:29,
I started (minimally) prepping after 9/11 which was then increased after our own 7/7, didn't get fully into it until we got our first computer(this one) and found my first forums.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.