Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to stay put when you're near London?
8 August 2013, 08:41,
RE: Is it possible to stay put when you're near London?
Thanks for all the great advice.

It sounds like we really can't win! If we stay after a week, perhaps less, it's pretty certain that we'll be killed by raiders. I don't think it would be possible to hide in our house for very long with the kids.

If we leave, we have nowhere to go so we will be in the same position as the raiders but with two kids on our backs. The husband's family is closer to London than us. My family are in Lancashire and Yorkshire, both within similar distance of cities, Preston and Bradford, so although the situation may not be quite as dire for them in terms of raiders I think they will still need to get out and they won't have anything ready. Getting there on foot with two small children while everything is still up in the air would be a death sentence too I think.

Perhaps defeatist of me, but I think at the moment planning for those eventualities is beyond the scope of what I can do so maybe I should concentrate on planning for less serious but more likely situations? Perhaps more local situations where we may be confined to the house for some time (a week?) but the army may be able to remain in control, at least in the outer boroughs. Is that too hopeful? Also for local situations that may render London somewhere we need to leave but where going North would be a good option. So a plan to stay put for 5 days and see if the situation is going to get better or worse. If worse, enough supplies/equipment/a plan to make it to Lancs/Yorks.

Does that sound reasonable to plan for, for now?

Moving away from London is unfortunately not an option right now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to stay put when you're near London? - by Rachel_K - 8 August 2013, 08:41