Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to stay put when you're near London?
8 August 2013, 10:58,
RE: Is it possible to stay put when you're near London?
(8 August 2013, 10:47)Rachel_K Wrote: Thanks again. I will work on water and food for a week first, then a fortnight and means of escape, then supplies for longer. It's a good job I like lists, I'm making lists of lists to make now! While I'm doing that, hopefully other ideas will come to me.

Just a thought ( as i'm working on water systems at the moment)

As per MCavity's reply earlier, water should be your first concern.

Beardyman and i have recently been discussing filtering systems in some detail. There is a ceramic filter on the market that is used in disaster relief programs to provide safe drinking water. The ones i am using are called Supersterasyl ( 7" version). They cost less than £10 at the moment at Avonsoft and can filter up to 10,000 liters of water beforethey have to be replaced. For a family of four, consuming 2L per person per day, a single filter element could service their requirement for nearly 3 1/2 years!

NR has published som plans of how to mount these filters in plastic buckets in the water secion I think.

Avon soft are at: http://www.avonsoft.com/pages/
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to stay put when you're near London? - by Lightspeed - 8 August 2013, 10:58