Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
what would you advise folk not to buy !!!!!!!
4 September 2013, 16:53,
RE: what would you advise folk not to buy !!!!!!!
(11 August 2013, 13:29)BDG Wrote: A new car. As soon as you drive, you have just thrown thousands of pounds away.

Think about what you plan to buy - do you need it, is it an asset (it will create or save you capital) or a liability (it is just going to cost you capital), is a product that does the same thing available cheaper?

Other than that - cheap tools. Buy cheap, buy twice and you do not want a tool failing when you are using it - you will range from being pissed off to dead.

And I do thank all of those who do buy a new car or truck, as it means I can buy it at a fraction of its cost but with lots of life left in it 5-10 years later.

Cheers guys, keep up the good work.

Happy to help with the new car thing....like my cars good and reliable not butchered and botched....her indoors is running about in my hand me down vauxhall astra 1.7td with 198000 miles currently showing on the odo , bought new 2004 for the princely sum of £8000 via a massive discount for it being a run out model and 2.5k from my gm card...the car has only ever had consumables(tyres,pads,disc's and bulbs)serviced annually regardless of mileage , burns no oil , still doing 60mpg and only had one failiure...an alternator! . its still got the original clutch/exhaust/turbo....i put this down to simpathetic ownership ,turbo allowed to warm up / spooled down before shut down...sometimes buying new is very cost effective if you by right treat it properley and keep it long enough...i'd still get a grand for it now ....so 7k for nearly 10 years reliable cheap motoring!!!!
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: what would you advise folk not to buy !!!!!!! - by Midnitemo - 4 September 2013, 16:53