Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the Deadwood stove
7 December 2011, 14:47,
the Deadwood stove
http://deadwoodstove.com/

it's like a rocket stove made from metal with collapsible legs, I can't find a UK seller yet but I just wanted folks opinions on whether a piece of kit like this would be worth buying / making.

PF
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
7 December 2011, 14:52,
RE: the Deadwood stove
i read that wrong-i thought it read THE DEADWOOD STAGE! i thought you were going to burst into song sounding just like Doris Day!!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 December 2011, 15:01,
lol, I wish I had the reach! Big Grin
7 December 2011, 15:18,
Looks very expensive for what it is. I would guess that we could make one that was good enough for government ,,, sorry our use easy enough. I don't have that sort of money for one item when I can make do with pits and the like.

It does look very convienient though.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 December 2011, 15:26,
(7 December 2011, 14:47)preservefreak Wrote: http://deadwoodstove.com/

it's like a rocket stove made from metal with collapsible legs, I can't find a UK seller yet but I just wanted folks opinions on whether a piece of kit like this would be worth buying / making.

PF

Save some money make your own, here is one I made from a beer can.

7 December 2011, 15:36,
That is a bigger than normal can. Is it a paint or oil can? What are the dimensions?

Like the traffic light. I'll get the angle grinder out one night over winter I think.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 December 2011, 15:37,
you could get an OZPIG stove but they are expensive,about £259 either from ozpig themselves or ronnie sunshines, i've got a Rocket Stove for emergencies-cost me £62.50!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 December 2011, 15:43,
(7 December 2011, 15:36)Skean Dhude Wrote: That is a bigger than normal can. Is it a paint or oil can? What are the dimensions?

Like the traffic light. I'll get the angle grinder out one night over winter I think.

It is a beer can 5 Litre 6inch by 10inch.

Bought a stove few months back it comes with a big pot quite efficient.

Stove
7 December 2011, 15:51,
I really like that beer can stove W&C. Small portable stoves like this will be very useful I think to boil water & cook food when you don't want to fire up the main stove.

Do you have any idea how much wood you put into the stove to boil that 2l W&C? weird question I know Smile
8 December 2011, 01:24, (This post was last modified: 8 December 2011, 01:26 by Nemesis.)
(7 December 2011, 15:51)preservefreak Wrote: I really like that beer can stove W&C. Small portable stoves like this will be very useful I think to boil water & cook food when you don't want to fire up the main stove.

Do you have any idea how much wood you put into the stove to boil that 2l W&C? weird question I know Smile

The question is good I am not quite sure how to explain it, I have since built a new computer so I do have the video of when I boiled the water on the other pc somewhere, but I think I am going to make a new video of this stove showing the amount of wood I used, check the site for a video within the next week.

I am going to do a small video of a toilet roll stove as well if you’re interested.