Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D Mam article on the Life straw system
13 August 2013, 11:09,
D Mam article on the Life straw system
Dunno why such a device would feature in the DM but it has so i copied the link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...lives.html

13 August 2013, 12:06,
RE: D Mam article on the Life straw system
Not worth the £30 imo.
it only purifies 1000 liters before dying.

The bleach tablets you can buy in the pound shops are the same chemical composition that the world health organization send to Africa for purifying their water, I checked online at w.h.o.

48 tablets per pack 1/8th tablet purifies a full bath of water about 250 liters....

I even tried drinking the water at massive over dose levels of 1 full tablet per bath full.

tastes like a swimming pool but no ill effects.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
13 August 2013, 13:48,
there is a similar one on Ebay, its green and if you wait an extra week or so for it to come from China it only costs £10 with free postage. I've bought LOTS of stuff from China and had NO problem with it either in terms of delivery or quality....some of it was better than the British stuff.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 August 2013, 16:24,
Did we not just have a thread on the Lifestraw last week?

It is what it is, 1000L of pure water to get you where you need to go.

There are better systems for a static location but the lifestraw is good for travel in questionable situationsm, such as "Bug out" or "get home".

Over here our Emergency Response Teams are issued "pool shock" as their primary purification agent. Their instructions are to go into a disaster situation and set up shop headquarters at the best public swimming pool in the area. They are to dose the pool with shock tablets until pure and use it as their primary water supply until utilities are restored.
14 August 2013, 09:40,
I`ve got one these as a back up/ emergency and to be honest I haven't tried it out yet !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid...&_from=R40
14 August 2013, 10:02,
(14 August 2013, 09:40)Mosstrooper Wrote: I`ve got one these as a back up/ emergency and to be honest I haven't tried it out yet !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid...&_from=R40

yep that's was the one I meant, £10.14 with free postage from china.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 August 2013, 09:37,
Ditto on the "made in china" issues, bought Sure-fire replicas, lasers, bells and whistles and never had a problem with quality, of goods and services, unlike their UK and American counterparts.