Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
favorite self defense move, no weapons
15 August 2013, 17:38, (This post was last modified: 15 August 2013, 17:42 by Debbie_F.)
favorite self defense move, no weapons
I asked my husband the other day what his favorite self defense move was and he showed me how to do a proper open hand chop to the throat. thought it was pretty good, asked if we could make a video to post here. NO. how bout if we do it outside and don't show our heads - NO. So I asked him to illustrate it for me. He drew this up while waiting for me in the car the other day. he just despises technology/internet, but humors me to an extent.

[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/99399431@N06/9518443516/[/url]

he says its important you hit like you mean it, with all your force. and don't play around trying it on someone cause you're likely to kill them. if it doesn't kill the attacker, will give you time to run while they try to breathe.

what simple but effective moves do you like?

15 August 2013, 19:03,
RE: favorite self defense move, no weapons
the best self defence move is turn and run as fast as you can
15 August 2013, 19:55,
I like the NY hat on the thug getting hit!
15 August 2013, 19:56,
David,

Not every time. Turning you back on an enemy can have dire consequences.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 August 2013, 20:29,
This move is as old as the hills...........but very very effective , done right death will be the result, make no mistake.
15 August 2013, 21:14,
(15 August 2013, 19:56)Skean Dhude Wrote: David,

Not every time. Turning you back on an enemy can have dire consequences.

That's true, I guess not being in a situation where you have to defend yourself is the best defence, but of course that may not be an option .
15 August 2013, 23:01,
Something I've used before is chuck a small object (keys, couple of loose coins etc.. - I used coins) towards someone's face. As they pay attention to the incoming objects & instinctively bring their hands to their face, give them a swift kick in the balls, followed by a smack on the nose. Very dirty but very effective in buying you time to clear off. You need to follow the coins/keys in the face almost immediately with the kick or it may not work.

Don't forget to pick up your keys before you leg it.
15 August 2013, 23:10,
Punch to the nose or chest get a good one and down they go.
16 August 2013, 00:00,
(15 August 2013, 19:03)David075 Wrote: the best self defence move is turn and run as fast as you can

i've never been very fast, dont think i could out run a young man with long legs.

btw: did i mention my dogs barked at a guy walking down the street the other day. cheers
16 August 2013, 08:28,
Depends on range, nice and close then headbutt for starters, followed by some general assailing. Further away then just unleash the beast and let 'em have it.

Just remember to stop before you really get in trouble (or get caught)