Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
is this wrong ?¿
17 August 2013, 14:23,
is this wrong ?¿
there is a local gun club not to far from me and over the years iv kept an eye on the cars parked outside it some have odd number plates paint jobs ect.
now i know where some of these folk live by spoting there cars outside their homes.

inthe event of shtf ect /and only then would these folk be worth a visit

ill say again only after a shtf typ event
Survive the jive (youtube )
17 August 2013, 14:34,
RE: is this wrong ?¿
(17 August 2013, 14:23)Sunna Wrote: there is a local gun club not to far from me and over the years iv kept an eye on the cars parked outside it some have odd number plates paint jobs ect.
now i know where some of these folk live by spoting there cars outside their homes.

inthe event of shtf ect /and only then would these folk be worth a visit

ill say again only after a shtf typ event

only if their dead, stoned, incapable or just plain missing....Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 August 2013, 14:35,
It would depend on the owner, after tshtf, they may take their guns with them [ if you are talking about guns],..

maybe you could take a note of the more distinct cars and see if you can spot them in other places,..... maybe buying bulk

.... but to answer your question, I know a couple of gun owners, if they were to move out in an emergency, I would take a look to see if their weapon was still there, after all, a none prepper might not even think about taking his gun with him
A major part of survival is invisibility.
17 August 2013, 15:03, (This post was last modified: 17 August 2013, 15:09 by BFG Central.)
Maybe look closer to home like the gun club its self?
Yes im sure it would be targeted but shotgun shells weigh a hell of a lot and there is only so much any people could move, Then it would be left wide open.
I honestly dont think any right minded shooter would leave guns or ammo behind.
They would probably grab the guns before food and water if they didnt have the prepper mind set.
Yes its something to keep in mind because as shooters they might leave other hunting gear behind in a hurry like snares and trap in the shed.
But knowing they have guns in the house might mean its the last place you want to visit?

Dont forget a lot of us on here are shooters and as such we know how easy it is to pull the trigger.
Once the SHTF whats to say shooters would have any problem doing that in the direction of a trespassing looter who might be a threat to there family?
17 August 2013, 16:11,
i am not so sure about that, I think that if some sort of emergency came about most none prepers would be in the car and away without a second thought for a gun,... its not something they would normally do, so its not something that would be in their minds when they wanted to leave

Two of the guns I know about are owned by none shooters, what I mean by that is that they dont belong to a club and own no land, in fact the one gun is only down the road and I only found out about it the other week

So I would guess that there would be a reasonable chance that some of us could aquire a firearm after the shtf
A major part of survival is invisibility.
17 August 2013, 17:20,
Its a lot easier to join the club and get your own firearm
17 August 2013, 18:24,
I'd agree with joining a club but some people don't want to be on the police radar and if you not got the cash to join and then buy the cabinet gun and the FAC cert it is still useful information ..... I only know one near me and at the moment I can't afford to join a club just yet
17 August 2013, 18:53,
So let me get this right - is it a good idea to go into a home where a person may or not be, where there may or not be a firearm, which, if it is there, is either in the hands of the person in the place, or in a BS 7558/92 approved cabinet which you will either not get into, or make a hell of a lot of noise and take quite a bit of time to get into?

No, its a bad idea. You may as well leave an A4 sheet detailing where you preps are in your pocket, so when you get shot, or your head bashed in, or whatever, someone can make use of your gear.

The argument of not having a SC or FAC 'to stay off the police radar' in this case does not weigh up. Stay off their radar for what? So they cannot confiscate your gun? Well, if they were confiscating weapons al la Katrina due to the fact their had been a disaster, or some kind of martial law scenario, they would have taken them from the people who hold licences who you wish to steal off. So you if you went into a house where you believed their to be a gun or rifle, changes are, it is already gone, or armed police are watching the house.

Now, if you worry they might take your SC or FAC from you because you engage in criminal activity, or you have a record that excludes you from an FAC or SC, you better get stocked up on alternatives.
17 August 2013, 19:15,
personally the one house I know about would only be looked at if theres no sign of life AND very, very carefully (all depends what way the SHTF)

Some don't want to be on any police lists, again personally I not one of those people and once I have the cash I will be looking to get SGC and then the FAC
17 August 2013, 20:04,
People are on police lists already. If you have been arrested, you own a car, drive a car or are insured to drive, you are on the electoral register you are on a database the police have instant access to.

If you are employed or registered with the NHS, you are on a database the police can request information from.

Should the police need a list of who lives where, they can get it.

In a worst case scenario, the police will use a list of FAC and SC holders to go and take the rifles and shotguns from the holders. In which case, you will be in the situation of not having a rifle or shotgun.

As you are without a FAC or SC.