Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surviving? Is it worth it.
21 August 2013, 13:20,
Surviving? Is it worth it.
I was just wondering. We all seem to agree on one point after the SHTF we all plan to keep a low profile, avoiding people and dangerous situations and most people say if they do get confronted, stop or attacked by someone they will run away at all costs.

However my questions is this. Do you think surviving is enough?

If you came across a girl been raped would you not kill the bloke and protect the girl? (All rapists should be killed)

Or maybe you can see a family getting attacked by highway men?

I know for a fact that there are some situations I could not simply walk away from, I know that if I did for instance walk away and not help that girl who was been raped then I don't think I deserve to survive.

Is surviving worth losing our humanity?
21 August 2013, 13:25,
RE: Surviving? Is it worth it.
depends on how much you want to survive I guess, I know there are a lot of people out there who don't want to survive if they cant have their current standard of living. as for helping others, most people take one look at me and walk the other way-just based on the way I look, so why should I bother about other people? I WILL survive and I WILL do anything I have to to survive, just because I don't like and I don't envisage the alternative.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 August 2013, 13:28,
It's a really interesting point imo. Most of us like to think we are going to be totally hard assed with the rest of humanity, but we all have a lifetime of being programmed otherwise. I have helped strangers from possible serious situations in the past where I may have been hurt due to nothing more than my nature.

I guess we all act differently, and hopefully not get chance to find out anyway.
21 August 2013, 13:32,
I have helped others in the past out of the goodness of my heart only to get snubbed or ignored the next time we met so apart from helping out preppers (only) I have given up on people and humans as a race, most are beyond saving anyway.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 August 2013, 13:47,
I've got a wife and little boy to take care of, so if I don't know you then you're shit out of luck should you need my help.

I'll ignore whatever I need to in order to make sure they're safe
21 August 2013, 13:52,
(21 August 2013, 13:47)BeardyMan Wrote: I've got a wife and little boy to take care of, so if I don't know you then you're shit out of luck should you need my help.

I'll ignore whatever I need to in order to make sure they're safe

and that is exactly how it should be!Big Grin there is one old boy down the bottom of our estate I would try and look after post shtf-if I could, there isn't any one else -and there are 200 homes here- I could give a monkeys about and there are 2 or 3 I'd be very happy to see the back ofTongue
21 August 2013, 14:03,
i think will be lucky to survive ourselfs come real teotwawki even with our preps life will be very hard work just to eat and keep warm
Survive the jive (youtube )
21 August 2013, 15:13,
yes, hard work but different.
21 August 2013, 15:35,
Like everything else we draw the line differently. I would help if I was confident that I would survive and 100% confident that my family would survive. I would get involved if the threat included my family even though I might not make it but I could be sure I would save them. I would consider other situations on thier merits.

If I seen someone attacking someone else and I was armed I would take them out without hesitation, even if they started to walk away.

Everything else depends on the situation.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 August 2013, 15:44,
i'd mind my own business and skedaddle the other way, if I come on a fight I dont know what it is about, which is the assailant and which is the victim and anyway do I want to get involved? if I get injured or killed helping some complete stranger(its a bit different if its a known friend) it wont help my family will it? if I hear the commotion i'll probably take a big loop around the area and then rejoin my original route. better to ignore it and stay alive than risk everything including life itself.