Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware of the FAKE prepper!!
22 August 2013, 12:47,
Beware of the FAKE prepper!!
AMERICAN site, but applies here just as much. do you know anyone like this? cos we do! http://preppercentral.com/?p=4217
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 August 2013, 13:07,
RE: Beware of the FAKE prepper!!
Dang - Busted!

Good article BP. Should be obvious to most people though. Its good to connect with like minded people, but it will run a risk. I guess its always good to be mindful of what you say and post.
22 August 2013, 13:11,
(22 August 2013, 13:07)MCavity Wrote: Dang - Busted!

Good article BP. Should be obvious to most people though. Its good to connect with like minded people, but it will run a risk. I guess its always good to be mindful of what you say and post.

goes both ways, that's how we sussed out our fake prepper.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 August 2013, 13:12,
during a friendly chat most of us could weed out the dodgie ones its not hard to do.
its the ones that know what there talking about who may stab you in the back when the shit starts to flow who is trustworthy
Survive the jive (youtube )
22 August 2013, 13:16,
(22 August 2013, 13:12)Sunna Wrote: during a friendly chat most of us could weed out the dodgie ones its not hard to do.
its the ones that know what there talking about who may stab you in the back when the shit starts to flow who is trustworthy

there are several I have come across in the last 4 years who fit the criteria, they "talk the talk" but don't "walk the walk".....
22 August 2013, 14:11,
I haven't posted for a while but this thread tempted me to put finger to keyboard

I wish it was just "fake" preppers that were the problem but there are plenty of others that are just as bad.

You got more than a fair portion of the totally bat shit crazies, a good sprinkling of the macho man internet tough guys who keep posting about how tough they are going to be in their imaginary world, the good old fashioned armchairs who talk but do bugger all, and not forgetting the little wannabees who think their 2 weeks in the Cub Scouts qualifies them as some kind of survival expert

Disillusioned with Prepping ?

Not at all

Disillusioned with Prepping Forums and a lot of the idiots who inhabit them ?

100%

There are definitely some sensible preppers on these sites posting useful info, but having to sift through the mountains of garbage posted by complete imbeciles to find it just aint worth it

And while i'm on a roll, another thing or two that winds me up Smile

I keep reading about how the general public think we are lunatics and weirdo's and posters wondering why that is. Take a look at some of the total bollocks that gets posted, there's your answer.

And a quick word for any new prepper who might read these sites, don't take someone's high post count on a prepping forum as an indication of how knowledgeable they are, a quick view of the forum will show that in a few particular cases that couldn't be further from the truth.

Hey, I dont know if SD will let this post survive but man it feels good to get that off my chest Smile
22 August 2013, 14:30,
Good post Gizmo, I admire your honesty and open opinion.

22 August 2013, 14:40,
Great post Gizmo, it's good to see someone else who has taken "the red pill" and can see past bullshit!

there is heaps of great posts out there, but there is a fair few that are not.
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
22 August 2013, 15:30,
12 months ago i had someone try to contact me.
Id written about planting a cover crop as a way of controlling weeds and a bloke new to that forum offered a few thousand seeds,
The coversation went along the lines of....
"oh i need your address to post them to you"
Then he offered to drop them off by hand.
Then wanted to meet up.
I looked at his posts on the forum and he had stated to different people he was from different areas up and down the country.
I dont know what his agenda was or if any of the other members were taken in by his stories?
Shortly after that he vanished, never to be seen again.
So be careful who you deal with and what you believe.
22 August 2013, 17:14,
One of my main concerns when committing to our recent South West meet up was exposing myself to a few wannabe armchair Mad Max types, thank god it wasn't the case and met some well rounded keen individuals who are concerned for the future like myself. Yes there's a lot of "those" types out there, I've adopted this "prepping" lifestyle for a while now and I hope I've seen it all, and while personal OPSEC is important, no man (or prepper) is an island ad the greatest chance of your survival, be it a flat tyre in the middle of winter without a jack, or defending the perimeter post SHTF, is with other people.