Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
time day month year
24 August 2013, 17:16,
time day month year
how are you going to keep time after an event.

most watchs run on batterys have you a wind up one
would you like to know what month/year it is or when its your birthday or xmas is .
what about planting crops in season
are watchs emp proof
Survive the jive (youtube )
24 August 2013, 17:29,
RE: time day month year
My watchs are either solar powered or self winders both average around 20 years of service without trouble, that should give me time enough to salvage a rolex of a stiff.

24 August 2013, 17:39,
the sun and moon
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
24 August 2013, 17:50,
Regarding planting i wont worry to much.
Depending whats comes into flower in the garden will tell me when to plant out.
Every year its different, Some things were 4-6 weeks behind in the garden this year but it all caught up.
The only way to control what your growing in to plant in a greenhouse or a polly tunnel.
Last year everything suffered due to the rain and this year a lot of early flowering plants and friut trees have suffered.
It also depends where you live in the country.
Time keeping would have to be with a mechanical clock or watch.
A lot of newer self winding watches are still charging a battery.
I do own one old watch thats is seft winding without a battery.

Not to bothered about Xmas or birthdays to much and i will probably have other things on my mind.

I would probably keep some sort of diary/calender regarding planting so i can keep a record of what plants when in the ground and when they were harvested.
24 August 2013, 17:53,
I wont bother with a watch, get up when it gets light and go to bed when it gets dark, time wont matter-whatever task we are doing will take as long as it takes...hours or minutes don't apply, its not like we'll be filling in a time sheet or punching a time clock, we'll be able to tell what the season is by the weather. we don't plant anything down here until the soil is warm enough-to do so would just be a waste of time.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 August 2013, 18:13,
I think keeping accurate time can be very important especially for those who say they want to organise yearly/ quarterly / monthly rendezvous etc. For me it's important into be able to make accurate, scheduled radio comms as well as of course knowing when to break open the Krug on my birthday Big Grin
24 August 2013, 18:36,
days can be marked off on paper, a tree or the hallway wallpaper! learn the rhyme about "30 days hath September" etc and you'll know when to cross off the month. watches and clocks eventually will become historical footnotes.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 August 2013, 18:55,
Of course you could try and keep track of time by marking it on your hallway wall paper as Big Pul suggests but I don't think I'd like to rely on that myself. I have self winding timepieces and something similar to this

http://www.turners-retreat.co.uk/brass-1...ndar-clock
24 August 2013, 19:22,
Accurate time keeping will of course be neccessary after TSHTf for various reasons such as navigation by travellers and mariners, medics monitoring IV medicine flows, cooks etc but I dont think it should be two big and issue as there should be enough time to salvage high quality chronometers, water clocks, solar clocks etc from shops after TSHTF.

24 August 2013, 19:25,
Here's a downloadable 1000 year calendar:

http://calendarhome.com/tyc/download.html