Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Do the police trust you?
27 August 2013, 20:03,
Do the police trust you?
This is an inversion of Sunna's thread about us trusting the police.

Basically, if you bump into a police officer, from your appearance and past dealings with the police, would they trust you?

Personally, the wife's family is military and police (yes the MIL used to be a policewoman and now just does copper paperwork stuff), and in my job I work daily with the police. On the night shift I've got to know many of the armed response police as well. So, I believe, if they recognised me, they would trust me.

The fact I know most of them by name is a HUGE advantage to them trusting me.

So, to turn things around, do you think the police would trust you?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 August 2013, 20:06,
RE: Do the police trust you?
LOL they would jail you in the blink of an eye if it suited them
27 August 2013, 20:07,
Absolutely !

I'm a fine upstanding pillar of the community.

To know me is to love me Angel

WaylanderCool
27 August 2013, 20:18,
no not a hope in hell
Survive the jive (youtube )
27 August 2013, 20:34,
not a chance in the slightest , knowing them by name isnt going to help either way fair enough they may say hi mark jim bob whatever your name is and as soon as your out of earshot say what a t£ssa , and why would you want them to trust you anyway just an easy target when they start building camps etc
27 August 2013, 20:35,
The guys I worked with @ Tayside (and my counterparts at Grampian, Central, Fife and Highland) yes I think they'd trust me - I still get the odd call from them.

Some of the new lot, nah, been pulled to one side by them, even with ID round my neck, as look "suspicious"
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
27 August 2013, 21:00,
trust is earned. So I doubt any would trust anyone with what is going on in the country today. Plod doing a job and being hated for it. Even the ones doing a good job all because of a few bad apples at the top.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
27 August 2013, 21:08,
I fail to see the point of the thread. Whether or not the police or i trust each other is a pretty much mute point.
I dont care if they trust me as they dont care if i trust them.
If you think a police man or woman realy cares if you trust them or not you need your head feeling.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
27 August 2013, 21:09,
Good point.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
27 August 2013, 21:31,
Why would I care?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.