Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scopes.
30 December 2011, 16:46,
RE: Scopes.
£3.99. I thought that came with £999 postage?

I'd be interested in seeing what arrives.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 December 2011, 16:54,
(30 December 2011, 16:46)Skean Dhude Wrote: £3.99. I thought that came with £999 postage?

yep, so will i! blurb: 8X20mm, eyepiece diameter 12mm, field 96m/1000m. telescope c/w 1 manual, 1 soft bag, 1 strap, 1 cleaning cloth.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 January 2012, 22:49, (This post was last modified: 28 January 2012, 22:51 by Timelord.)
Bought one of those Aldi 29.99 scopes maybe 9 months ago on the advice of an archery friend. he said they were all getting them at the archery club. Got it home. Checked it out - Rubbish!! Has sat on my shelf at home ever since. If you want optics, then go to an optics shop & look at the real deal. Yes it will be pricy but you don't have to buy. At least you have a benchmark to judge by. Also, the optics shops usually have 2nd hand gear at very reasonable prices. You will get all the advice you could want, a guarantee, spares & will be able to take it back to trade in later if you wish. Also, a decent bit of kit will hardly devalue and you can sell it on later no problem- ebay etc. Just talk to the guys in the shop & you will get all the gen you need about the subject.

Night vision - avoid generation 1 and those that only have IR illuminators. Only good to about 50 yds. very old tech, now being dressed up new & sold cheap. You see lots of broken scopes like these being sold for parts. that should tell you something.. Gen 2 or 2+ if you can. I believe gen 4 is now out, but is hideously expensive. there are forums for all this type of gear and a few hours spent browsing these will show you the light! TL.
(30 December 2011, 16:54)bigpaul Wrote:
(30 December 2011, 16:46)Skean Dhude Wrote: £3.99. I thought that came with £999 postage?

yep, so will i! blurb: 8X20mm, eyepiece diameter 12mm, field 96m/1000m. telescope c/w 1 manual, 1 soft bag, 1 strap, 1 cleaning cloth.

What was that £3.99 scope like BP??
28 January 2012, 23:28,
It is always worth getting a Gen 1 scope and disabling the illuminator for sentry duty. Invaders may be using IR to sneak in and they are like flashlights through the scopes. Will enable a warning and an ambush. Tried this out with a guy poaching on my mates land. We watched him for some distance, well beyond the illumination area and set up a trap. I taped him on my old Sony which uses the same technology. It was funny to do but dangerous as the fucker was armed with a rifle which we didn't know until after.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 January 2012, 15:50,
(28 January 2012, 22:49)Timelord Wrote: What was that £3.99 scope like BP??

it was OK, nothing special, about as good as some of the mini binoculars i've got, probably see about 500 yards with it, OK for something small to have in a pocket of a jacket and do a quick sweep with, for £3.99 and free postage it wasnt a total loss.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 February 2012, 17:36,
i have gen 1 + it works well for what i had paid for it rabbits up to 100 yds depending on the weather conditions
if you have the money take a look at the pulsar scope day and night scope it is in black and white but has had very good reviews

b/d