Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell phone privacy gadget ( not cheap)
29 August 2013, 21:55,
Cell phone privacy gadget ( not cheap)
Here is something that MAY be of interest to preppers who fear being tracked by their cell phones,Its a bag that blocks all transmissions.

I wonder if just wrapping it in foil would work?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...g-are.html
29 August 2013, 22:30,
RE: Cell phone privacy gadget ( not cheap)
I don't really see the point in being so cloak and dagger unless you're up to no good , i would think that gchq mi5 and the anti terrorist squad have got more than enough to do without squandering valuable time and resources on outdoorsmen survivalists and preppers, its not like were a real threat or anything , were just looking out for our own futures. if you really don't want to be tracked take the battery out but in an emergency should anything befall you out in the boonies that may just lead the emergency services to you.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
29 August 2013, 22:39,
Thing is if we have nothing to worry about why are preppers being targeted by Obama in the USA, ? Isn't this country renowned for copying America ?
29 August 2013, 22:47,
Only a guess but i'm guessing the preppers feeling the heat have been making un constitutional rants and macho threats about militia's and such...for everyone under the microscope there will be loads going about there preps unhindered.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
29 August 2013, 23:11,
99.999% of my conversations run;

"Dad, are you coming to lunch Sunday?"

"Sure Son, I'll bring fresh tomatoes and pie!"

"Good, see you at 12:00."

So far neither Obama or the NSA has shown much interest.

Anyone with crap for brains is not going to plan things of consequence on their personal phones anyway. That is what disposables are made for.
29 August 2013, 23:12,
Let's not get political.

You can just wrap it in tinfoil if you want. Take the battery and sim card out and they are all offline. Put it back together when you need it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 August 2013, 06:57,
(29 August 2013, 23:12)Skean Dhude Wrote: You can just wrap it in tinfoil if you want. Take the battery and sim card out and they are all offline. Put it back together when you need it.

and then spend the £55 on something a lot more useful!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
30 August 2013, 07:19,
Would this work as a mobile EMP protection ?
30 August 2013, 07:28,
Perhaps. It is designed to stop the signal getting out and no more. It may have opennings that let in an EMP.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 August 2013, 08:13,
(30 August 2013, 07:19)Steve Wrote: Would this work as a mobile EMP protection ?

You will need to wrap the phone in something like cardboard first, the phone must not touch the foil at any point
A major part of survival is invisibility.