Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Survival Style?
1 September 2013, 15:27,
RE: Survival Style?
(1 September 2013, 13:46)Sunna Wrote: rw is that you or rob halford
its the Metal God himself....Rob, I look like a younger version (and straight !)Big Grin
1 September 2013, 17:23,
do you have a lether cap with a chain across the front and a big tash and chaps to .
Survive the jive (youtube )
1 September 2013, 18:18,
Wow, some really varied answers.

Thanks for the feedback.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 September 2013, 01:15,
low impact path of least resistance greyman,a mixture of accumulated experiences through travel and three quite different careers , my motto would be "we come unseen" not my outfit , not even my branch but a great motto none the less.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
2 September 2013, 03:29,
(31 August 2013, 16:57)Waylander Wrote: If they are so adaptable and superhuman, please explain why such a high proportion are homeless/drunks/druggies after they leave the service ?

Plus you guys ar making the assumptions, you're assuming, I've never been in uniform Rolleyes

WaylanderCool
A lot of guy's leaving the forces are to an extent institutionalised , many came straight from there parents into the forces so have no experience of sourcing housing dealing with bill's etc etc its all been laid on , the cash that hits there bank acct is all spends , no need to put some by for food or transport to work as its all taken care of and consequently these guy's transition to civvies catches some out.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
2 September 2013, 09:15,
its the ones in married quarters I feel sorry for, when they leave the services they have to get out damn quick and then they find out just how expensive private housing is!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 September 2013, 22:39,
All the above is true to differing degrees, its also down to depression for some guys, the forces is the serving mans family as much as his blood family,.. this grows far beyond blood family if the man has been in battle,... the bond that is foraged when men fight along side each other is beyond description.

When that man is discharged, either by serving his time,... or worse still is forced out through injury, then he has just lost his family and is often completely lost

The guys that leave after serving their time are slightly better off, they have time to adjust knowing its about to happen
A major part of survival is invisibility.
3 September 2013, 11:50,
(1 September 2013, 00:27)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote:
(31 August 2013, 17:37)Skean Dhude Wrote: Guys, Let's not go into the Soldiers and Civvies differences. The thread was about which is your style. Just answer the question then there is no need for further comments.

The thread was not just about style. It also raised the military issue within the first couple of sentences. Should we ignore that, simply because we might hold a different view?

Waylander then raised the issue of mental health among those who have seen and experienced what no human ever should. Should there be no explanation, no alternative viewpoint?

I wholeheartedly agree with your policing policy for the Forum, as you made clear in your article in Survival UK main but I question not being allowed to respond to a point raised in the opening post or other points raised as it progresses...

Fair enough. Let us keep it to this thread then.

Enjoy.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 September 2013, 11:56,
“When one has reached maturity in the art, one will have a formless form. It is like ice dissolving in water. When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.”
3 September 2013, 11:57,
bloody hell BM, that's a bit deep!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.