Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Wow, the terrible effects of Giant Hogweed
2 September 2013, 11:57,
Wow, the terrible effects of Giant Hogweed
Bloody hell I knew it was a nasty plant and its turning up all over the UK, but imagine getting stung by it after TSHTf when it will no longer be controlled by the authorities and growing freely.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...y-Bay.html
2 September 2013, 12:04,
RE: Wow, the terrible effects of Giant Hogweed
nasty,their seems to be a few things growing in the uk that weed killer wont harm like jap knott weed .
Survive the jive (youtube )
2 September 2013, 12:06,
Can you imagine the problems such plants will cause survivors after a couple of years of collapsed society!!!!, frightening.
2 September 2013, 12:12,
(2 September 2013, 12:04)Sunna Wrote: nasty,their seems to be a few things growing in the uk that weed killer wont harm like jap knott weed .

You can eat Japanese Knott Weed!!! Worth checking out for when TSHTF. Not to grow or cultivate!!! Just to learn about what it looks like, and how to cook it.

As for the Hogweed....harsh.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 September 2013, 13:13,
Holy crap that is one nasty looking blister. I'm never gonna wear shorts again.
2 September 2013, 13:28, (This post was last modified: 2 September 2013, 13:29 by Prepper1.)
Maybe a good thing to cultivate around a bol?
CAREFULLY....

Keep the post apocalyptic chavs at bay....

If my leg looked like that after a small encounter, I'd definitely give the place a WIDE berth next time no matter what goodies were there...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
2 September 2013, 17:21,
I thought it was a terrible Genesis track from the early 70's just goes to show i have a lot to learnBlush
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
2 September 2013, 17:37, (This post was last modified: 2 September 2013, 17:48 by bigpaul.)
you can see stuff like this and Japanese knotweed all over Devon, it spreads all along the river valleys and is a blooming nightmare to get rid of.

yet another good reason NOT to go walking in the countryside in SHORTS! apart from this stuff there is the always present threat of TICKS! seems some people will never learn, to say nothing of lymes disease.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 September 2013, 18:16,
i worked for the m e b looking after their sub stations, jnw could if left unchecked lift up the concrete slabs with the transformers on them we had access to the best strongest weed killer, nothing touched it .
all the meb could do is jcb the weed out and if they left just a bit of root back with a bang
Survive the jive (youtube )
2 September 2013, 18:24,
yep, that the stuff, pretty to look at when in flower but its a sod to get rid of.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.