Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If You won the lottery .............
2 September 2013, 19:31,
If You won the lottery .............
I've put this into scenarios as unlikely as it is.

Assume that you won the lottery or somehow had unlimited funds.

What would you do prepper-wise?

What kind of house/land/

What kind of kit?

Remember - money is no object but if you can provide links to your desires that would be fabulous.
2 September 2013, 19:42,
RE: If You won the lottery .............
Estate/land in Scotland - large acreage with woodland, pasture, lots of fresh water and a working farming system

hydro power setup, possible small scale wind, possible solar too

remote location

stores for as many people I would want to help out (family, friends and staff), get comm's sorted, the list goes on e.t.c.

restore a couple emp proof (old) 4x4's and have all the part to rebuild them a few times over in addition to the other every day cars etc
2 September 2013, 19:48,
Scotish island , probs the one up for £2.5 million recently
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
2 September 2013, 19:55,
A fully-prepped 60' sloop! I'd be gone in a week!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
2 September 2013, 20:22,
This house is for sale just a couple of miles away from where I sit,.. this would be the place for me, no roads no tracks,...only access is by boat, protected on one side by `Clash Moss` a large expanse of bog, and a range of high mountains on two other sides, then the loch on the fourth side

It has out building, it is self sufficient,... its good enough for my dreams

http://www.bellingram.co.uk/properties/show/664
A major part of survival is invisibility.
2 September 2013, 20:47,
@HL

Lovely - you could reallu tuck yerself away there. But how would you get supplies in?
2 September 2013, 20:49,
you get a boat with the house
2 September 2013, 22:02,
Pack up and move lock stock n barrel to some place like Kerguelen Island or Tristan Da Cuhna
2 September 2013, 22:19,
(2 September 2013, 19:48)Midnitemo Wrote: Scotish island , probs the one up for £2.5 million recently

Not sure I would want an island,.. the supplies might run out mighty quick, then you could be in an island prison

(2 September 2013, 20:47)River Song Wrote: @HL

Lovely - you could reallu tuck yerself away there. But how would you get supplies in?

As I-K-E said the house comes complete with quad bikes and boats, boats are the only lifeline, their cars are parked up over the water from them, so everything from the kids going to school to going out for a meal starts and finishes with a boat ride,... and Loch Shiel can get up to a 6 foot swell in bad weather,...so there are days when the trip cant be made
A major part of survival is invisibility.
2 September 2013, 22:38,
Tropical island paradise, with hard rock cliffs at least 25 meters tall. On top of which would be lush forests and a parcel of 5acres of uber fertile land. A spring fountain system inland....think Thailand paradise, mixed with French Polynesia and New Zealand.

Home...Geodesic dome with Earthship 'tunnels' linking 4 main domes.

5 storage containers loaded with prep food. 1 with ammo. 1 with various guns and other gear e.g. snares. Lastly, 1 storage crate to serve as a wine cellar and walk-in humidor...both fully stocked haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin