Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trapping wild pigs.
3 September 2013, 12:42,
trapping wild pigs.
the importance of well built traps. watch and enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbb-eniQ2VU
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 September 2013, 13:06, (This post was last modified: 3 September 2013, 13:08 by Sunna.)
RE: trapping wild pigs.
wow how lucky some folk are, all that meat id man v food it into somesort of meatastic meal .

(3 September 2013, 13:06)Sunna Wrote: wow how lucky some folk are, all that meat id man v food it into somesort of meatastic meal .

good fun vid
Survive the jive (youtube )
3 September 2013, 13:09,
plenty of wild boar in North Devon, also deer mainly Red and Roe, wood pigeons, pheasants, rabbits, squirrels, to say nothing of foxes, badgers.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 September 2013, 13:13, (This post was last modified: 3 September 2013, 13:15 by BFG Central.)
I always used to think that Sunna until my mate who lives abroad tells me the problem they have to deal with on a daily basis due to crop damage.
Crop they grow to eat, not to sell.
Having to protect himself and his family.
Until you face an angry pig head on you wouldnt understand what a threat these things can be.

Pigs move fast and i dont know many that could out run a pig, especially across rough ground.
3 September 2013, 13:16,
a pig is a big animal and yes they have been known to eat human beings if they get the chance.
3 September 2013, 13:30,
Dangerous animals indeed. I'd favour a strong wire snare and a long spear with a long, sharp head.
3 September 2013, 13:35,
(3 September 2013, 13:30)Steve Wrote: Dangerous animals indeed. I'd favour a strong wire snare and a long spear with a long, sharp head.

broadhead fitted to a nice long shaft maybe??Tongue
3 September 2013, 17:28,
I reckon the best person to give us the low down of wild pigs is Jonas, from what I can gather they are areal problem in many areas of the USA. MMMMMMMM BACONTongue
3 September 2013, 21:16,
(3 September 2013, 13:35)bigpaul Wrote:
(3 September 2013, 13:30)Steve Wrote: Dangerous animals indeed. I'd favour a strong wire snare and a long spear with a long, sharp head.

broadhead fitted to a nice long shaft maybe??Tongue

I guess that would work, at the risk of getting a few arrows broken but you can stay further away. I was thinking more of a carving knife on a long pole, once it's in the animal you can do a lot of damage with it.
4 September 2013, 00:51,
Some do spear these animals but they use a long blade with a foot long socket with cross piece welded on since the pigs are known to run straight up the spear and take out the hunter after being impaled.

The real nut jobs among us hunt them with knives that look closer to swords than normal knives. I want no part of that.

One of the funniest pictures I ever saw was a man hanging onto a tree limb just inches above a nasty looking boar that was running around the tree looking like like a pincushion filled with arrows!

The best boar medicine is generally considered a .30 caliber rifle of medium to high power. I took one with a .54 caliber BP rifle several years back and must admit it was a much greater adrenaline rush than the normal white tail hunt. The pigs sometimes get confused and run at you rather than away from you.

There are farmers over here that will put you up for the weekend and give you meals if you want to help with pig disposal. In most areas they are invasive nescience species and not protected by game laws.