Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long
4 September 2013, 14:28,
how long
The SHTF situation has happened and its just not safe to go out, But how long are you going to last indoors ? will you be able to stay indoors ? im not sure I will be able to for long .
4 September 2013, 14:31,
RE: how long
it might be a case of HAVING to as it might be fatal to go outside.(especially in a city).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 September 2013, 14:34,
We have the technical ability to stay indoors for extended periods (heat light water food, sanitation all sorted)

But there will be a huge urge to venture out to get some air and to see what's going on. This will be a tough challenge to resist, especially ifthe outside world seems quiet.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

4 September 2013, 14:45, (This post was last modified: 4 September 2013, 14:50 by David075.)
Yes I think the urge to go out could be massive a lot of people say they will stay indoors and wait out what ever happens but I don't think it will be that easy

(4 September 2013, 14:31)bigpaul Wrote: it might be a case of HAVING to as it might be fatal to go outside.(especially in a city).

I think being in fear of my life is the only thing that would keep me indoors
4 September 2013, 14:52,
(4 September 2013, 14:45)David075 Wrote: Yes I think the urge to go out could be massive a lot of people say they will stay indoors and wait out what ever happens but I don't think it will be that easy

(4 September 2013, 14:31)bigpaul Wrote: it might be a case of HAVING to as it might be fatal to go outside.(especially in a city).

I think being in fear of my life is the only thing that would keep me indoors
I think you've just answered your own question.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 September 2013, 14:59,
bugging out is the only other option then and that's not ideal more of a last resort.
4 September 2013, 15:06,
bugging out is only an option if you have an already prepared location to go too, otherwise you'll just be joining the rest of the refugees.
4 September 2013, 15:52,
Books, and not just those with a non-fiction survival topic, love stories, fantasy, thrillers, good awful paperbacks etc etc
4 September 2013, 16:09,
I'm building up the capability to stay indoors but there are time you must venture out. To replenish supplies buried, to dispose of waste and to recce and see what is going on. No point staying in a room 24/7 if everyone else has done a runner.

I intend to sneak out at night and see what is going on. To this end I have NV equipment and covert comms. I'll take nothing bar weapons, something to eat and drink and the radio. Go out for a few hours find a nice spot, already picked a couple, and just sit and wait returning when I am finished. Whilst I'm out I'll also pick up things we are short of and check that the BIL is secure.

After we come our longer term and people are moving around OPSEC will be a little more difficult but such is life.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 September 2013, 16:27,
about 6 weeks before a rubbish run would be needed, 8 at a push.