Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Opsec again ( Why RVs are still best)
6 September 2013, 09:28,
Online Opsec again ( Why RVs are still best)
So according to the BBC this morning (link below) the Yank government has been cooperating with our government and the makers and providers of online encryption services to ensure they ( the yanks) can access all current encryption systems either by attacking them with huge sodding great new super computers, and / or by manipulating the encryption systems many preppers currently use so they have a "back door" way of viewing your encrypted materials.

My point is rather simple its not as convenient or speedy but face to face RVs are still clearly far more secure than any online comms system be it digital or analogue. If you want to ensure privacy between yourself and who ever you want to exchange information with the best bet is still to print off the docs and hand em over at a rendezvous.

If you dont think of this as a major issue I can assure you large numbers of American preppers definately do as they have seen articles published by agencies the dept for HS that basically classify preppers as potential extremists.

Food for though but would'nt you be better off making the effort to attend SD or the other members RVs if you need to share info?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23981291

6 September 2013, 09:51,
RE: Online Opsec again ( Why RVs are still best)
You mean the CIA,FBI Secret Service & Homeland Security can break my encryption code, and find out how many tins of Farrows Marrowfat peas I have stockpiled AngryAngryAngryTongueTongueTongue

WaylanderAngel
6 September 2013, 10:01,
This is news to you how?

I'm amazed people are surprised that the authorities have the ability to see what ever you are upto online...

You'll be alright, I don't think they're going to be very interested in your hundreds of lists Rolleyes
6 September 2013, 11:12,
It's not news to me either, but in this day and age it is good to be reminded of the lengths Governments can go to gather information. People may not feel they pose a threat, or are an interest to anyone regarding a few lists or supplies, but can anyone be certain that TPTB also have the same view? Don't forget this is their job? to collect information, and they have all the resources and time in the world to work 24/7 to achieve this, as is indeed the situation now. Being reminded of this fact, even if you don't think it applies to you is still a cogent point no?
6 September 2013, 11:16,
(6 September 2013, 11:12)Tartar Horde Wrote: It's not news to me either, but in this day and age it is good to be reminded of the lengths Governments can go to gather information. People may not feel they pose a threat, or are an interest to anyone regarding a few lists or supplies, but can anyone be certain that TPTB also have the same view? Don't forget this is their job? to collect information, and they have all the resources and time in the world to work 24/7 to achieve this, as is indeed the situation now. Being reminded of this fact, even if you don't think it applies to you is still a cogent point no?

I still have to breathe in and out, but I need no reminder of the obvious...
6 September 2013, 11:30,
Completely agree, nothing that is in anyway important within a group should be put on line, not only are RVs far safer, they are a heck of a lot more fun
A major part of survival is invisibility.
6 September 2013, 16:54,
As far as I know, One-Time Code Pads are still unbreakable, as long as the custody of the pads hasn't been compromised and the pads are not reused.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
6 September 2013, 17:51,
if you start useing codes ect, the ptb will think your up to no good and try harder, i beleve that were already being watched anyway .
its also no surprise to me that two sites are run buy x coppers !!
Survive the jive (youtube )
6 September 2013, 17:54,
we cant be too surprised if TPTB are monitoring this site, it is an open forum after all!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 September 2013, 18:11,
after my thread about watching gun clubs i receved a pm pointing me in the right direction if i wanted to make my own shotgun im sure this person was just being helpfull and im not going to name him/her but this stunk as some kind of trap and when i pm back saying not interested receved one in return showing a wink Wink.

not funny or clever i sure dont want my front door kicked down buy armed cops
THANK YOU
Survive the jive (youtube )