Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Home made multi shot Cobra pistol bow
14 December 2011, 17:03,
Home made multi shot Cobra pistol bow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAyCVTV8-lM

14 December 2011, 17:20, (This post was last modified: 14 December 2011, 17:21 by mikebratcher69.)
RE: Home made multi shot Cobra pistol bow
I know you can use old car leaf springs for bow prods, copious use of an angle grinder to shape including knocking points, and oil to cool so as not to ruin the temper...
My brother went through the making of a proper man killer xbow years ago with a prod made from a leaf spring, heavy draw weight but that can be sorted out by thinning the spring.
Then used an old railway sleeper cut down to size for the stock and made the string dog and bolt runner from brass etc.
effective to say the least....
dont think body armour would have stood a chance...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
14 December 2011, 19:53,
You don't see many leaf springs nowadays. I would guess I need to move next door to a scrapyard for everything I want to do.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
14 December 2011, 20:09,
You still find em on the back end of many vans, I made a lovely machette years ago out of an old leaf spring off a transit van.

24 January 2012, 19:56,
There are still some traditional leaf spring manufacturers out there. Usually a small to medium old industrial building with their own forge/ovens and all the bending tackle. If you talk nicely to the guys working there, they will usually bend & temper an offcut or two from new bar stock. I have had sword blades done like this for me over the years. Cost - beer money!