Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who to call, where, and when?
5 December 2012, 00:14, (This post was last modified: 5 December 2012, 00:23 by The Local Ned.)
RE: Who to call, where, and when?
I hope to be the guy looking after the guy who looks after it when TSHTF mate ;^)

Agreed regards propagation and the angle of dangle....as for the inverted Vee... I'm dabbling with a couple of 1.3m telescopics and an old connector from a portable tv antenna at the moment -as an introduction into antenna building , they can be easily moved to the correct length for a semi-decent SWR for both UHF and VHF , and are totally movable for vertical , horizontal polarisation ,or of course even inverted vee which should be good for propagation purposes.

Power ? Not so sure about that mate , we both know QRP is a different kettle of fish again , only seriously dedicated radio operators need apply , -me ? - I'd happily burn out 25w kickers and melt yagis no problem.

You can keep the 352 ! Smile its the 320 or nothing Sad
(5 December 2012, 00:14)The Local Ned Wrote: I hope to be the guy looking after the guy who looks after it when TSHTF mate ;^)

Agreed regards propagation and the angle of dangle....as for the inverted Vee... I'm dabbling with a couple of 1.3m telescopics and an old connector from a portable tv antenna at the moment -as an introduction into antenna building , they can be easily moved to the correct length for a semi-decent SWR for both UHF and VHF , and are totally movable for vertical , horizontal polarisation ,or of course even inverted vee which should be good for propagation purposes.

Power ? Not so sure about that mate , we both know QRP is a different kettle of fish again , only seriously dedicated radio operators need apply , -me ? - I'd happily burn out 25w kickers and melt yagis no problem.

You can keep the 352 ! Smile its the 320 or nothing Sad

Ahhhh EMP. :^(
EMP is only a factor if you believe that nuke drops are a probable threat, or that this 'massive solar storm' is on its way.

I'm from Scotland.
Massive solar storm ? solar and Scotland don't really belong in the same sentence. Even if it does happen , it would only remove the longer distance capability of my UV-5R. The CB should provide some form of backup for that , but I dont really want to use that.
My personal prep for NBC runs as far as some sealed army noddy suits , and basic filter respirator ( anyone got a spare S10 ? ).
I have plenty of fullers earth for decontamination purposes , and the solar shower would double as a decontaminant remover also.
It isn't high on my list of probabilities mate tbh.

Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.

Messages In This Thread
Who to call, where, and when? - by Paul - 31 July 2012, 20:59
RE: Who to call, where, and when? - by Scythe13 - 11 September 2013, 11:59
RE: Who to call, where, and when? - by Barneyboy - 1 August 2012, 10:04
RE: Who to call, where, and when? - by Paul - 1 August 2012, 12:58
RE: Who to call, where, and when? - by Barneyboy - 1 August 2012, 14:01
RE: Who to call, where, and when? - by MikeAlpha3041 - 3 December 2012, 00:04
RE: Who to call, where, and when? - by MikeAlpha3041 - 3 December 2012, 10:05
RE: Who to call, where, and when? - by I-K-E - 3 December 2012, 10:29
RE: Who to call, where, and when? - by MikeAlpha3041 - 3 December 2012, 12:07
RE: Who to call, where, and when? - by The Local Ned - 3 December 2012, 23:47
RE: Who to call, where, and when? - by Highlander - 3 December 2012, 23:55