Your Most Likely Scenario
11 September 2013, 18:37,
RE: Your Most Likely Scenario
Man made:
complete financial collapse in US, Europe, China, and India

Political collapse:
Disintegration of the EU as a coalition and the USA as a single country

It's gonna be bad, folks!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
11 September 2013, 21:03,
I think for us,.. the natural is probably an EMP,...or general weather related events

Man made,... is social unrest for what ever reason,... and terrorist activity
A major part of survival is invisibility.
12 September 2013, 03:25,
Natural;
Storms, either tornado or severe winter weather. Yellowstone has not erupted in 500,000 years but winter will be here in 3 months.

Man made:
Freezing to death or dying of heat stroke in gridlocked traffic due to some fool having a wreck.
12 September 2013, 09:13,
[quote='Mortblanc' pid='70328' dateline='137895273)
Freezing to death or dying of heat stroke in gridlocked traffic due to some fool having a wreck.
[/quote]

that's why I don't use motorways(freeways) Monty! was stuck on one for 2 hours once, not near an off ramp, couldn't go forward and (obviously) couldn't go back, so there we sat.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 September 2013, 09:38,
(12 September 2013, 09:13)bigpaul Wrote: that's why I don't use motorways(freeways) Monty! was stuck on one for 2 hours once, not near an off ramp, couldn't go forward and (obviously) couldn't go back, so there we sat.

2 hours is a minor inconvenience. I've spent 4 or 5 hours sat on the M25 many a time.
12 September 2013, 09:44,
(12 September 2013, 09:38)BeardyMan Wrote:
(12 September 2013, 09:13)bigpaul Wrote: that's why I don't use motorways(freeways) Monty! was stuck on one for 2 hours once, not near an off ramp, couldn't go forward and (obviously) couldn't go back, so there we sat.

2 hours is a minor inconvenience. I've spent 4 or 5 hours sat on the M25 many a time.
yeah, sure it is, but NOW imagine it was SHTF...what then(which is why I don't do motorways).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 September 2013, 09:55,
(12 September 2013, 09:44)bigpaul Wrote:

yeah, sure it is, but NOW imagine it was SHTF...what then(which is why I don't do motorways).

Then the rules of the road do not apply. I'd be driving up the verges, along the hard shoulder, backwards if necessary.
12 September 2013, 09:58,
(12 September 2013, 09:55)BeardyMan Wrote:
(12 September 2013, 09:44)bigpaul Wrote:

Then the rules of the road do not apply. I'd be driving up the verges, along the hard shoulder, backwards if necessary.
IF you can get to them, might be a complete blockage no room to manouver....look at that smash on the Dartford Bridge..imagine something like that! your stuck there.....probably only way out is on foot?
12 September 2013, 10:11,
Obviously it's going to be easier if you have a 4x4.

But back to the thread....

Natural:

Freak weather
EMP from solar storm

Man Made:

Financial collapse
America sticking their nose in somewhere else where it's not warranted or welcomed and starting WW3 (but they'll undoubtedly blame someone else). Probably Syria as they're determined to remove Assad, even though the Russians are positive that it was the rebels that used the chemical weapons. Still, that doesn't fit nicely with the war-mongers in Washington, so that'll be ignored.
12 September 2013, 10:17, (This post was last modified: 12 September 2013, 10:22 by bigpaul.)
freak weather? you haven't had a Cornish winter yet!!Big Grin

why do you think I moved back to DEVON and not cornwall? I have lived in both.