Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your Most Likely Scenario
12 September 2013, 20:49,
RE: Your Most Likely Scenario
They might be ignorant bigots but I bet they know that petrol burns. Prepare to bug out if you even suspect they know where you live.
12 September 2013, 21:11,
Natural
Bad prolonged winter mini ice age(was hard work convincing gf to agree to buy kids winter coats in 3diff sizes at weekend)
Flooding excess rain causing rivers etc to overflow
Man made
Terrorist attack leading to retalliations frm edl & its affiliates ultimately leading to civil unrest
Tied economical collapse and peak oil/power consumption
13 September 2013, 11:31,
I don't personally buy into the teotwawki event.

I think we are at the beginning of a major, re-adjustment of how we live on this planet.

The times of excess are coming to an end.

Especially for the decadent west.

We are going to have to adapt to a more sustainable way of living.

Mankind will adapt. It always has.

WaylanderCool
13 September 2013, 11:36,
people get confused over what TEOTWAWKI means, it DOSENT mean the end of planet earth, it just means the end of one system and the start of another, it means human will have to find another way to do things, it might mean a return to a pre industrial age or some other such way of doing things.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 September 2013, 11:46,
(13 September 2013, 11:36)bigpaul Wrote: people get confused over what TEOTWAWKI means, it DOSENT mean the end of planet earth, it just means the end of one system and the start of another, it means human will have to find another way to do things, it might mean a return to a pre industrial age or some other such way of doing things.

Yes, The End Of The World As We Know It

We may find out what the world looks like to the people living in 3rd world countries...
13 September 2013, 11:54,
I don't see a return to living like 3rd world countries but I see a return to pre industrialisation times, everything done without the use of modern technology, a return say to using forges, horses, and everything done by HAND which in turn will mean a higher percentage of the population will be in employment unlike now.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 September 2013, 18:50,
(12 September 2013, 17:59)Kiril Wrote: ... If they have numbers or weapons, well, I hope I'll have at least a Final Stand.

Gen. George A. Custer had a "last stand" too. It didn't work out very well for him or his men as I recall. Col. Jim Travis' last stand at the Alamo resulted in the loss of the entire Texas garrison (though Texas did win the war at the Battle of San Jacinto). The Japanese army fought a number of "last stands": Tarawa, Iwo Jima, and Okinawa to name but a few, resulting in complete annihilation of the Japanese garrisons. In fact, every "last stand" that I studied for my degree in Military History (minor in Military Tactics), with the possible exception of the Battle of Stalingrad, where losses were very heavy for both the defenders and the occupants of the city, didn't work out very well for the "last standers" either. If you want to die in glory defending the family home, have at it. Just remember, homes can be rebuilt - you can't!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
14 September 2013, 10:37,
(13 September 2013, 18:50)Jonas Wrote:
(12 September 2013, 17:59)Kiril Wrote: ... If they have numbers or weapons, well, I hope I'll have at least a Final Stand.

Gen. George A. Custer had a "last stand" too. It didn't work out very well for him or his men as I recall. Col. Jim Travis' last stand at the Alamo resulted in the loss of the entire Texas garrison (though Texas did win the war at the Battle of San Jacinto). The Japanese army fought a number of "last stands": Tarawa, Iwo Jima, and Okinawa to name but a few, resulting in complete annihilation of the Japanese garrisons. In fact, every "last stand" that I studied for my degree in Military History (minor in Military Tactics), with the possible exception of the Battle of Stalingrad, where losses were very heavy for both the defenders and the occupants of the city, didn't work out very well for the "last standers" either. If you want to die in glory defending the family home, have at it. Just remember, homes can be rebuilt - you can't!

Yeah, I know that too, that's why I said it. Going out in a blaze of glory and stuff, probably ending with me being necklaced or something... Haha
Positively Pessimistic
14 September 2013, 11:11,
(14 September 2013, 10:37)Kiril Wrote: Yeah, I know that too, that's why I said it. Going out in a blaze of glory and stuff, probably ending with me being necklaced or something... Haha

Blaze of glory my arse. There is alive and there is dead. Confused

WaylanderCool
14 September 2013, 11:37,
True, very true. Ah, I'm gonna have to think about this more, bug-in with my family, including my disabled dad and sister or bug-out on my own. I mean, no way they are gonna be able to keep up with me or walk with any pace.
Positively Pessimistic