Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your Most Likely Scenario
14 September 2013, 19:10,
RE: Your Most Likely Scenario
(14 September 2013, 11:37)Kiril Wrote: True, very true. Ah, I'm gonna have to think about this more, bug-in with my family, including my disabled dad and sister or bug-out on my own. I mean, no way they are gonna be able to keep up with me or walk with any pace.

You have to be kidding of course..???
A major part of survival is invisibility.
14 September 2013, 19:13,
(14 September 2013, 11:37)Kiril Wrote: True, very true. Ah, I'm gonna have to think about this more, bug-in with my family, including my disabled dad and sister or bug-out on my own. I mean, no way they are gonna be able to keep up with me or walk with any pace.

I presume that is tongue in cheek? cos if it isntAngry
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 September 2013, 21:03,
The part about leaving them? Because I've thought of more drastic action... If the internet is down for more than two minutes, my sister starts screaming and breaking stuff... My dad, he needs a wheelchair to get about...
Positively Pessimistic
14 September 2013, 23:37,
Let us hope you never need to make that decision Kiril, as the look on their faces as you leave them to certain death will haunt you for the rest of your life. Unless you sneak out while they are asleep that is, and if as a man you can live with it.
15 September 2013, 09:17,
so you just abandon them to their fate??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 September 2013, 10:22,
See, it's a massive dilemma for me. I don't know what is for the best in a SHTF situation. I know for a fact I can't just leave them without feeling like poop and I know I can't support them while my dad is demanding to go outside while it's raining heavily in his pajamas or my sister is screaming insults and threats at me because the internet is slow, because I can't do that when society is normal, me and my mother, both tearing our hair out at having to look after ourselves and two adults...

Man, I don't think you guys wanted to hear that, did you? What can I say, I'm an open book.
Positively Pessimistic
15 September 2013, 10:31,
i'd probably say in those circumstances forget all about bugging out, and concentrate on Bugging IN, and plan your preps around that. at least that seems logical to me and is what most people are doing anyway, bugging out is an extreme measure and is only necessary if your house is at imminent risk from flood, fire or mobs.
15 September 2013, 10:51,
Don't envy your situation.

I imagine there are quite a few here with similar concerns. My immediate family wouldn't last two seconds and my mum is wheelchair bound, blind and 90 years old! I would never leave them to their fate and know that, in a really bad hairy situation with no option to bug out and menace just around the corner, I'd go down doing the best I can. I've accepted that and, deep down, will be at peace with that too. But, it's each to their own. I just know that to only save my own skin would ultimately mean that my state of mind and quality of life would be zero thereafter. JMHO.
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
15 September 2013, 11:04,
Perhaps the best thing that all of us could do is install some serious security to our properties, i.e. steel bars in the windows (you can get ones that slot it and remove temporarily so they could be removed when all is 'normal' and slotted in if TSHTF), and solid metal/upvc doors etc. This is in the case of civil unrest of course. Cost of course is a factor here, and trying to convince your non prepper family it's for the best, who most likely will call the men in white coats.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
15 September 2013, 11:15,
Trying to stay on topic and not mention anything that sounds conspiracy based or stuff that people say won't happen to the earth.......for ME I think it's a two horse race.....and related in a monetary sense.
WORLD WAR 3 (well overdue with nearly a 70 year gap!)
Collapse of the banking/stock market/$ crash leading to social economic breakdown.
most of the other natural ones are probable too .....that's without the ones manipulated by certain men .....HAARP Wink