Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channel 4 drama - Blackout
11 September 2013, 22:42,
Channel 4 drama - Blackout
Hi all

Has anyone seen the Channel 4 drama, Blackout? It's a whatif drama about a cyber attack on the UK power grid and the resulting mayhem. Yes it is a drama but I must admit there was quite of lot of things in it that I never thought about. Funny thing is it has a (albeit crappy) type of prepper in it who of course gets his preps found out about as he cooks outside, and then gets beaten up and has then nicked...ahem.

LAC
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
12 September 2013, 09:14,
RE: Channel 4 drama - Blackout
I think we've done this one already.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 September 2013, 14:40,
I agree, it was interesting.

There was a lot of quick comments that were in the program that really hit on the deeper elements of prepping, as well as quick little lessons.

A worthy watch.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
12 September 2013, 14:43,
not that any non prepper will take any notice of it, to them it was entertainment and nothing else. to be quickly forgotten for a new series of celebrity come dancing.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 September 2013, 14:56,
good point, how eazy is it to smell a bbq in the summer [very] lots of people have bbq cookers ect so it their was a long term power outage lots of folk would cook on their bbqs and get sniffed out .
Survive the jive (youtube )
12 September 2013, 17:17,
I found the Prepping dad quite a flawed but sympathetic character, he wanted the best for his family but he was woefully unprepared, he had nothing to defend himself with, for one, he had a very poor sense of both PERSEC and OPSEC, which could've well killed him and his family.

It was a very good film, very human feeling too.
Positively Pessimistic
12 September 2013, 20:23,
hi,
the thing it made me think about was that as part of our preps we are ready to defend ourselves in various ways, bows,knives, maybe even guns, now at what stage would you have used them if you were the prepper?
i know we are not as stupid as the one in the show but even so.
and at the end of the program when the lights came on what would you do withe the bodies and how would you cover your tracks?
12 September 2013, 20:35,
In all honesty, just the threat of violence with something like a gun would dissuade them, that fighting to the death is not worth a generator.
Positively Pessimistic
12 September 2013, 21:37,
(12 September 2013, 20:35)Kiril Wrote: In all honesty, just the threat of violence with something like a gun would dissuade them, that fighting to the death is not worth a generator.

no but they might want to come back and get the gun and the generate
12 September 2013, 21:42,
(12 September 2013, 21:37)I-K-E Wrote:
(12 September 2013, 20:35)Kiril Wrote: In all honesty, just the threat of violence with something like a gun would dissuade them, that fighting to the death is not worth a generator.

no but they might want to come back and get the gun and the generate

A pair of pissed of GSD's would be betterBig Grin

No way would they come back to get them Angel

WaylanderCool

Although one of the is a GSD x Rotties, and could stop a Rhino Wink