Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warm water on tap post soft
11 September 2013, 22:44, (This post was last modified: 11 September 2013, 22:46 by Bonnox.)
Warm water on tap post soft
Just thought I'd share an idea from my allotment, that I made last weekend, its something that could be used anywhere I guess, I have put a radiator in my green house painted black, this is filled with rain water from my greenhouse run off, with an overflow into my water butt, the rain water input goes into the top of the radiator fills it up and as its black is warmed by the sun, the tap is fitted at the bottom where you would normally have a thermostat valve, and I have put a small sink below which again feeds into the water but outside hey presto nice warm water, now I'm not saying its hot enough to make a nice brew but nicely warm to wash hands after gardening, and obviously the bigger the radiator or the more of them, the more water you can have, as mine is inside my green house it shouldn't freeze during the winter, but will obviously be a lot cooler, but time will tell, I will update you all if anyone is interested come winter time

(11 September 2013, 22:44)Bonnox Wrote: Just thought I'd share an idea from my allotment, that I made last weekend, its something that could be used anywhere I guess, I have put a radiator in my green house painted black, this is filled with rain water from my greenhouse run off, with an overflow into my water butt, the rain water input goes into the top of the radiator fills it up and as its black is warmed by the sun, the tap is fitted at the bottom where you would normally have a thermostat valve, and I have put a small sink below which again feeds into the water but outside hey presto nice warm water, now I'm not saying its hot enough to make a nice brew but nicely warm to wash hands after gardening, and obviously the bigger the radiator or the more of them, the more water you can have, as mine is inside my green house it shouldn't freeze during the winter, but will obviously be a lot cooler, but time will tell, I will update you all if anyone is interested come winter time

Oops I meant post shtf not soft, don't know what I done now

Messages In This Thread
Warm water on tap post soft - by Bonnox - 11 September 2013, 22:44
RE: Warm water on tap post soft - by Mortblanc - 12 September 2013, 03:42
RE: Warm water on tap post soft - by Lightspeed - 12 September 2013, 06:02
RE: Warm water on tap post soft - by Binnie - 12 September 2013, 07:02
RE: Warm water on tap post soft - by Lightspeed - 12 September 2013, 09:07
RE: Warm water on tap post soft - by Bonnox - 12 September 2013, 17:56
RE: Warm water on tap post soft - by Binnie - 12 September 2013, 10:57
RE: Warm water on tap post soft - by Lightspeed - 12 September 2013, 15:04
RE: Warm water on tap post soft - by Highlander - 12 September 2013, 21:32
RE: Warm water on tap post soft - by Skean Dhude - 12 September 2013, 22:48