Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Directional EMP
13 September 2013, 12:48,
Directional EMP
http://rt.com/news/nato-prevent-suicide-bombers-790/

NATO have the ability to direct an EMP now. Obviously it's low level, not NEMP or anything. I wonder how long it will be before this technology ends up over here. I can see it being used for "crowd control" - especially as most of the "riots" and "civil unrest" are organised via Twatter & TardBook. Can't organise anything if you can't communicate.

Now this isn't a threat for us presently, but civil liberties are being eroded, so it may not be long before we find something we all enjoy is classed as "illegal", thus one may want to "protest".

I'm sure it has more positive uses than negative (for us) but maybe something to be aware of.
13 September 2013, 12:52,
RE: Directional EMP
wouldn't stop anyone protesting just stop the car you were travelling to the protest in!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 September 2013, 13:05,
(13 September 2013, 12:52)bigpaul Wrote: wouldn't stop anyone protesting just stop the car you were travelling to the protest in!Tongue

Turn off the phones of the protesters and they have no way of organising themselves. The use of Twatter played a huge part in the riots & student protests. So it may not stop you protesting per se, but if you cannot communicate effectively, you can't find out where police presence is at it's greatest or weakest and avoid or target those areas. The police have the upper hand once again.

Why do you think they shut down BBM during the riots / protests??

And you couldn't use it for targeting vehicles, as you'd struggle to tell the protesters from the normal motorists.
13 September 2013, 13:09,
I don't think protesting does any good, never changes things, if one wanted to alter things one has to change the system from within. that's why politics and elections exist. otherwise it would be anarchy.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 September 2013, 13:13,
(13 September 2013, 13:09)bigpaul Wrote: I don't think protesting does any good, never changes things

Huh

Really?

http://top10.me/top-10-protests-that-changed-the-world
13 September 2013, 13:18,
yep, really! mob rule is wrol.
13 September 2013, 17:25,
Your right BM if you can't contact or receive info how would you organize any activity. Smoke signals?
13 September 2013, 17:34,
(13 September 2013, 17:25)Straight Shooter Wrote: Your right BM if you can't contact or receive info how would you organize any activity. Smoke signals?

it worked for the American tribes!Big GrinBig Grin course you could always train some carrier pigeons.
13 September 2013, 17:55,
(13 September 2013, 17:25)Straight Shooter Wrote: Your right BM if you can't contact or receive info how would you organize any activity. Smoke signals?

All efforts are seriously hindered. Urban area, protest / riot, you're screwed really.

There are other ways of shutting coms down in a city, just turn off the local repeater and that's a good whack taken care of. There are signal blockers too, but technically they are illegal, even though our own government used these to block mobile phone signal in and around prisons.

That's just for the electrickery bits.

Wait til the LRADs come out to play...
14 September 2013, 05:56,
we had protests and riots before mobile phones and cars! word of mouth cant be turned off! if people want to protest or riot they will find a way
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/