Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
True thoughts on TEOTWAWKI
13 September 2013, 13:10, (This post was last modified: 13 September 2013, 13:10 by Scythe13.)
True thoughts on TEOTWAWKI
This is probably going to cause outrage, but you all know me well enough to realise that I like to mix things up.

Okay, get those angry frowns on because there's some hard hitting fantasy destroying info coming through your eyes.

We all know The End Of The World As We Know It, just means a changing of the guard. The system will have changed in one way or another.

There is talk of prehistoric cave living, zero tech living, native ancient style living, medivl (I don't care how it's spelt, so correcting me will make you look like a silly goose), pre industrial age, and plenty of Armish style communities.

This is where the anger starts to pour in on me.

The cave people moved on in their technology because it made life easier. Medivl too. Actually, every civilisation era has 'developed' and benefitted society...supposedly.

Trains, planes, and automobiles were all ADVANCEMENTS! You know what that means? They were 'better' than the old way of doing things. It's less effort to drive a car than ride a horse. It's faster to fly to Disney World than it is to swim over there (I don't care if you don't like Disney World, it's the concept that's important). Travel is easier. Okay, so what? Well it suggests that people will look toward reviving that advancement.

Farming is easier than scavenging and hunting. So we can be sure they'll come back. Somewhere someone will work out how to get tractors up and running, possibly on methane from poo...WHAT?!?! That's already being done?!?! Who knew. So we can be certain farming will likely return.

Shelter will still be plentiful, so no worrying about that. Solar panels will allow people to use some electricity. Even with an EMP or solar flair people will figure out how to make power. Plenty of information in books to cover that topic.

So, with this in mind, life post SHTF will very likely have farms, houses, clothing, vehicles, and electricity. They will start off in limited quantities, but they will still exist.

It should only take a year, 2 at the most, for mankind to return to a high standard of living, similar to where we are now.

Thinking of sanitation and the alike, people can easily get that back up and running. Shops will return soon enough too.

If you do not agree, then I urge you to open a history book and look for a sentence that says "History repeats itself." Human development repeats itself. It keeps developing and alternative technology is constantly being made available. Hippies have solar panels and wind turbines. That says a lot!!!

If everything does go wrong, a return to 'normal' will happen pretty quickly.

The only chance of no technological developments is if only idiots survive an event.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
13 September 2013, 13:13,
RE: True thoughts on TEOTWAWKI
(13 September 2013, 13:10)Scythe13 Wrote: If everything does go wrong, a return to 'normal' will happen pretty quickly.

The only chance of no technological developments is if only idiots survive an event.

I agree 100% Smile

WaylanderCool
13 September 2013, 13:15, (This post was last modified: 13 September 2013, 13:16 by bigpaul.)
depends on the event and the severity of it, just a minor glitch and everything could be back to normal within 6 months, just a bit of hardship and back to normal. course at the other end of the scale you could get a HUGE meteor strike...similar to that which wiped out the dinosaurs, in which case it could end up in a sort of nuclear winter effect. probably be somewhere in between.

(13 September 2013, 13:13)Waylander Wrote: I agree 100% Smile

WaylanderCool

you would!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 September 2013, 13:20,
(13 September 2013, 13:15)bigpaul Wrote: depends on the event and the severity of it, just a minor glitch and everything could be back to normal within 6 months, just a bit of hardship and back to normal.

Or it could be something as simple as appendicitis or a tooth that goes septic.

Being a lone wolf, these thing will wipe you out. Being part of a community you will have a far superior chance of surviving.

Wink

WaylanderCool
13 September 2013, 13:22,
(13 September 2013, 13:20)Waylander Wrote:
(13 September 2013, 13:15)bigpaul Wrote: depends on the event and the severity of it, just a minor glitch and everything could be back to normal within 6 months, just a bit of hardship and back to normal.

Or it could be something as simple as appendicitis or a tooth that goes septic.

Being a lone wolf, these thing will wipe you out. Being part of a community you will have a far superior chance of surviving.

Wink

WaylanderCool

only if your community has a doctor or a dentist and not EVERY community with have both or either, in which case your as stuffed as the rest of us.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 September 2013, 13:23, (This post was last modified: 13 September 2013, 13:24 by Scythe13.)
I get where you're coming from BP. But as long as people survive, technology will develop. 10'000 years of history show that. Books and other such show us the speed that we can get back to where we used to be.

Not a problem BP. Could just have someone willing to read and have a go at being a doctor. I'd much rather have that than just lay there and think "Man, I'm gunna die!"
13 September 2013, 13:25,
(13 September 2013, 13:22)bigpaul Wrote: only if your community has a doctor or a dentist and not EVERY community with have both or either, in which case your as stuffed as the rest of us.

At least in a community you have some chance. On you own you have none.

Surely some chance, is better than none Huh

WaylanderCool

P.S. A vet would do.
13 September 2013, 13:27,
(13 September 2013, 13:25)Waylander Wrote:
(13 September 2013, 13:22)bigpaul Wrote: only if your community has a doctor or a dentist and not EVERY community with have both or either, in which case your as stuffed as the rest of us.
At least in a community you have some chance. On you own you have none.

Surely some chance, is better than none Huh

WaylanderCool

P.S. A vet would do.

My wife will be training as a veterinary nurse soon, and I lov self operating.
13 September 2013, 13:28,
(13 September 2013, 13:25)Waylander Wrote: At least in a community you have some chance. On you own you have none.

WaylanderCool

dosent make it so just cos you say so! I have a better chance of surviving on my own than saddled with a load of useless, moaning, idle sheeple.
13 September 2013, 13:31,
(13 September 2013, 13:28)bigpaul Wrote: I have a better chance of surviving on my own than saddled with a load of useless, moaning, idle sheeple.

Doesn't make it so just cos you say so !Tongue

WaylanderCool