Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i am the god of hell fire....
17 September 2013, 16:47,
i am the god of hell fire....
post event most citys, towns , villages , estates would be affected buy fires with many people useing fires for ,heating ,cooking , or using candles sooner or later fires will break out .
with no fire service at hand these fires would spread from home to home quickly leaving many areas of the uk burnt out.
how would you and yours protect against this .
have you planned for it
if a fire was comming your way and all your homes contents and preps were at risk what would you do .
Survive the jive (youtube )
17 September 2013, 16:52,
RE: i am the god of hell fire....
Fire detection / alarms
Fire extinguishers
Fire Supressors
17 September 2013, 17:04,
We'd have to bug out.

If there's a blazing inferno roaring towards us, there's truthfully sod all anyone can really do about it.

Fire extinguishers have about 30 seconds worth of spray. That's not going to do much.

We'd grab what we could, and bug out.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
17 September 2013, 17:08,
.........nothing except maybe getting a group together and making a fire break by taking out one of the houses in the row, with something like a JCB
A major part of survival is invisibility.
17 September 2013, 17:10,
It might be an idea to price up a Fire Supression System.
17 September 2013, 18:02,
fire is one of my major concerns post event. many people are going to be using candles, oil lamps, camp stoves, etc.

goes to the bug out/in argument. I want to stay in, but fire is a very good reason to have to leave ASAP.
17 September 2013, 18:08,
dont want to ,but will have to bug out Sad
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
17 September 2013, 18:12,
i worry how built up areas will fair, me thinks fire storms like in germany and uk in ww2
during the blitz, south and east london only just made it with plenty of water and fire fighters.
post shtf with no fire service ,makes you think
Survive the jive (youtube )
17 September 2013, 18:51,
We have to remember that houses are now built in a far better way than in days of old, its not often that a fire in one house spreads to another, today's firewalls help a great deal.

I know that there are still a great number of older buildings around, but, it would be a very unlucky area to suffer from the type of fire storms that WW2 saw,.... though it is possible of course
A major part of survival is invisibility.
17 September 2013, 21:21,
Huge concern for me , both my bug in options are semi's and should they catch fire i have no chance of putting out the fire without the firebrigade...i worry that should you drive of raiders they may torch your house out of spite.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!