Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abandoned Dogs Roam Detroit in Packs as Humans Dwindle
17 September 2013, 22:23,
Abandoned Dogs Roam Detroit in Packs as Humans Dwindle
This could be a problem in a post TU situation.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-21...indle.html
17 September 2013, 22:28,
RE: Abandoned Dogs Roam Detroit in Packs as Humans Dwindle
Stray dogs will always be a worry in any built up area,...I have often wondered if I was in such an area wither having my three Shepherds with me would be a defense or not,... not that I plan on visiting such an area
A major part of survival is invisibility.
17 September 2013, 22:43,
When I was in Brunei in the early 90's, roaming dog packs were a problem, with the added spice of rabies.

The locals used to take them down with blowpipesUndecided

WaylanderCool
17 September 2013, 22:49,
That's a thought I'd not entertained. Guard dogs, yes. Packs of wild-style dogs...now it's a yes.

I'm thinking a gun is a great idea for this!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
17 September 2013, 23:29,
I think something like pepper sprays might be better, when dogs attack they are not likely to stop if one of them goes down,.. [ think of all the best wolf attacks in films] the rest will still press on the assault if hungry enough,.... where as something like pepper spray will effect more than one dog at a time, and it seriously hampers them
18 September 2013, 04:11,
Import some Vietnamese boat people,

problem solved.

We had a problem in my community with large packs of stray dogs back in the 1970s. Packs of 50-100 were roaming as feral packs inside the city limits.

In came a placement of about 1500 refugees and poof! No dogs.
18 September 2013, 08:22,
That was my first thought....food source!
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
18 September 2013, 12:32,
Guns and/or pepper spray are not the solution for us. You will run out.

Detroit will have to send people in with guns to resolve this. However, after everything goes pear shaped there won't be anyone to do that. Leave those trapped in kennels or houses to die, trap and kill those that you can without guns or pepper spray and save those for emergencies.

Lots of people have dogs and after they are gone they will still have to eat. They will eat your stores first but if they are difficult to get then you may be next.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 September 2013, 13:01,
consider it meat on the hoof...err...paw.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 September 2013, 15:04,
(18 September 2013, 13:01)bigpaul Wrote: consider it meat on the hoof...err...paw.

In practice you would have to be careful how you went about catching one,.... if you shot one, or trapped one, then there would be a good chance that it would be taken by the pack,... remember that the dogs will be hunting through extreme hunger in many cases

There is also the chance that the rest of the pack will continue to attack you if you are on foot and close enough.

Not sure which would be the best way,.. maybe enticing them into a building, shutting the door and shooting them all from a distance

Either way, I think care would be needed