Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signs of THE END.
19 September 2013, 18:10,
Signs of THE END.
American site, similar to one of the threads discussing how do we know when TSHTF? this might answer a few of those questions. http://apocalypticsurvivalguide.com/surv...he-end.php
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 September 2013, 22:57, (This post was last modified: 19 September 2013, 23:01 by Straight Shooter.)
RE: Signs of THE END.
Thats why BLACKOUT was shown two times I believe BP to get us used to the idea......just look at the tv programes being turned out , survival , food , making stuff they do all but tell us when but all to suggest we get ready in a roundabout way, something is afoot what that is ,I do not know........even my OH has said about it ......with no prompting from me.

My brothers son commented rescent power cuts only for a short time but regular he lives in the horsham area
19 September 2013, 23:04,
(19 September 2013, 22:57)Straight Shooter Wrote: Thats why BLACKOUT was shown two times I believe BP to get us used to the idea......just look at the tv programes being turned out , survival , food , making stuff they do all but tell us when but all to suggest we get ready in a roundabout way, something is afoot what that is ,I do not know........even my OH has said about it ......with no prompting from me.

My brothers son commented rescent power cuts only for a short time but regular he lives in the horsham area

Have to say i have noticed there are more event and survival things in the media but they could be being made because more people are looking into survival for themselves and the media have noticed and using our fear to sell us tv and movies
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

20 September 2013, 09:44,
the small town where OH comes from( not a million miles from here) is on a very OLD electrical circuit and a powercut is a regular occurrence there. the old locals have learnt to keep food, torches, candles and matches to hand, but most of the incomers have not.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 September 2013, 01:58,
Trust me, civilisations never see it coming, you just gotta ride the wave babyBig Grin
21 September 2013, 07:18,
(21 September 2013, 01:49)Tartar Horde Wrote: Here's a thing to consider!
No civilisation has ever been able to correctly foretell, or indeed understand the chain of events that lead to its demise. It is easy to see from hindsight and that leads every other civilisation after it to think that it can see it's own. Ponder that for a moment as you think you know what is going to happen.

Very Very True TH. I do think however that at least SOME work needs to be done to understand societies that collapse. One of the standard textbooks on this is Joseph Tainter's "The Collapse of Complex Societies" which although archaeologically based, contains a lot of, academic data on complexities that could reward those who have the time to delve in.

http://monoskop.org/File:Tainter_Joseph_...ieties.pdf

If you wanting to do some serious research or even if you are suffering from insomnia - this might be helpful