Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying Land
19 September 2013, 22:53,
Buying Land
I've had some thoughts of buying some land far away from any major city (possibly highlands of Scotland) to escape to if TSHTF. Don't have the money for land with a house or to build one at the moment, but I thought if I could get some land with maybe an old barn in it I could camp inside the barn and be hidden. I know in England you can't even stay in a caravan or a motor home on your own land without a permit or for reasons that you are doing work on it. Even with a tent you are limited to 28 days, but with a tent hidden in a barn who would know? Not sure if the law is the same in Scotland? What are others thoughts on this?

LAC
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
19 September 2013, 23:30,
RE: Buying Land
You might consider building a pole barn or a big shed if no barn is present.

I would just want to make sure it was big enough for both the tent and parking the vehicle inside.
19 September 2013, 23:32, (This post was last modified: 19 September 2013, 23:38 by Midnitemo.)
Been looking in North Wales ...seen a couple of interesting plots around the 10 acre size grazing land bordered by a river up a dirttrack with a small copse 55k....have a couple of section d welsh cob's so it wouldn't be so unusual for me to do although 10 acres is a bit big for 2 nag's ...could put up stable blocks and nobody would bat an eyelid...who knows what you might want to drop in the concrete base of the stable block??????

3.5 acres in chesire was the same price and not nearly as suitable.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
20 September 2013, 08:00,
Choose the land carefully to ensure it has water, sunlight and protection from the elements.

A possibility would be to bury a large waterproof shipping a container ( or two?) there. There's good info on the net about how to do this.

We had a thread a while ago about shipping containers. Cost is around £2k I seem to remember.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

20 September 2013, 08:52,
buying land at present is difficult due to land prices, even scrub land goes for a premium.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 September 2013, 10:45,
this is something iv wanted to do for some time , land around here is £10,000 an ach if you can find any, then its a plot for £350,000 silly money.
you can only stay on it for a few days a year, the local council will watch you if they know your their,and boot you off your own land if they can .
Survive the jive (youtube )
20 September 2013, 11:14,
If you're looking for land, please note one thing.

It is not illegal to get building materials to site, ready for construction. It is only illegal to start construction without consent.

Once TSHTF, you can start building at your own pleasure. Also, tent living, and the alike is only illegal when there is a rule of law (ROL). Without rule of law (WROL) you are pretty much free to do as you want. But then again so is everyone else. So you'll want somewhere out of the way, that will buy you enough time to get your new home up and running.

I have posted about building a small structure, camo netted, that you could drive a car into. With this in mind, it would be a pretty good idea to build a larger structure, camo netted, that you could hide a tent and a car under. This way you can be very well hidden, and you'll be able to 'vanish' pretty quickly. This might be worth checking out if you had your own plot of land. A few large camo nets, with 4 poles to make the shape, and another set of 4 poles and a smaller net to go under that first one, to double up cover and totally distort shape. Then after that, you're pretty well hidden. Small trough to drive your car into for a lower profile. Remember space to open your doors, and maybe the same to lower your tent, and you're good to go.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
20 September 2013, 11:17,
you could get a Tipi or a Yurt, I believe they come under the same heading as a tent, which means you come under the 28 day rule.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 September 2013, 11:22,
if the shtf why camp just take over a empty home/farm if not empty judge weather its worth fighting for if not move on untill you find what you want
Survive the jive (youtube )
20 September 2013, 11:24,
(20 September 2013, 11:22)Sunna Wrote: if the shtf why camp just take over a empty home/farm.

my plans exactly!Angel