Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Energy drinks like never before.
20 September 2013, 15:53,
Energy drinks like never before.
Just a quick drop of a recipe or 2.

But before I say anything, the title is a lie. They are ancient and work a treat, so it's not like never before, they are old, tried, tested, and proven.

First up is a quick energy drink that doesn't spike blood sugar, but gives a brilliant prolonged energy source...better than flapjacks, and much faster to digest, so no sluggish or bloated feelings.

Drink 1.

Chia seeds+lemond juice+honey = ENERGY.
This stuff made the Duracell bunny look worn-out!!! It's a staple of the Taraumara (Raramuri) who use it as energy for some rather long journeys. Blew my mind how much further I could run. Made it into an addictive protein flapjack bar, but the wife kept eating ALL of it, so had to stop doing that.

Drink 2.

Coffee + Unsalted butter + MCT (options MTC's) = Warmth + Energy.
This is brilliant for cold days skiing, snowboarding, or anything at all. Ideal if your on the CKD as well. Used by the Tibetans, butter in tea. But it's a bit minging in tea, so with coffee (first tried it snowboarding in the Alps) and I love it. It's a winter staple for me. You'll feel very full, and energetic at the same time. What's not to love?

Enjoy.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin