Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Village Preps
22 September 2013, 06:41,
Village Preps
I had a surprising eye opener last night. Me and the OH had gone to the village hall for the Harvest Supper - generally filled with old geezers like ourselves - not that much fun but one of those things you have to do.

Anyway we were sitting opposite our neighbours from across the road and the subject came to loss of power. (It's amazing the conversations that "The Blackout" has engendered -- made it a lot eaqsier ....)

I commented that loss of power means loss of water. My neighbour commented that there is a spring at the bottom of his garden !!!!!!
Deep Joy.

He also told me that the parish council had started drawing up emergency plans! - So off I troiled to see the chairman of the parish council who told me that theres an ex police officer who is heading up the drafting of the planning and they were currently making a list of people who hold certain equipment that could be used in an emergency.

He also said that they had authorised the purchase of 3 x baofengs UV5R's --- our parish council doesn't like to spend money so this was a minor miracle. One of the things that they want to do is create a 'prep list' for all the houses in the village on what to store etc etc.

I wonder how far this is duplicated up and down the country. What do you think? Please do not tell me that this is TPTB preparing us a for a false flag incident. I don't want to know.

I do think it might be a way to contribute to the greater good.

Even OH is now telling me to get involved. Wonders never cease.

Allons-y
22 September 2013, 07:30,
RE: Village Preps
Thats impressive...i reckon there's probably a prepper on your parish council...might be worth winkling him or her out gently as they could be a good ally.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
22 September 2013, 09:06,
This could work for you and against you RS. Don't disclose anything you have if they know it will disappear when you need it most on the other hand if such as list were made you would know exactly were everything thing was in the village. Just be careful.
Failure is NOT an option
22 September 2013, 09:46,
agree with uks ... don't show your hand , well not first anyhow , but i still think its worth playing along maybe get on the council , volunteer perhaps.....i'm not big on the paranoia thing , you have to be careful but a world without trust and compassion is going to be a pretty shit place(i know it will be in short supply in the early stages of an event..trust that is)but you have to hope for it to come back/get earned eventually
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
22 September 2013, 14:24,
I also agree, that come an emergency, they are likely to commandeer what you have for the good of the village,... play it very close to your chest,... but very interesting,. I must see what I can find out about my area, and see if there are any changes
A major part of survival is invisibility.
22 September 2013, 14:26,
anything happens here-it happens in the Community Centre...must stick my head in and have a nose around and see whats going on!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 September 2013, 15:59,
(22 September 2013, 14:26)bigpaul Wrote: anything happens here-it happens in the Community Centre...must stick my head in and have a nose around and see whats going on!Big GrinBig Grin

I think the word I am searching for is "Oh Gosh!"
BP I never thought you would go near a community centre with a
disinfected barge pole Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Be careful you don't frighten the horses darling Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
22 September 2013, 16:22,
[quote='River Song' pid='71566' dateline='1379861969')

I think the word I am searching for is "Oh Gosh!"
BP I never thought you would go near a community centre with a
disinfected barge pole :D:D:D

Be careful you don't frighten the horses darling :D:D:D:D
[/quote]

I knowBig Grin the only time I've been in there is for voting day! which is why I say I must go and see whats going on!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 September 2013, 17:34,
Always work getting involved. You can contribute and steer but don't have to tell them anything about what you have stored.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 September 2013, 19:34,
(22 September 2013, 06:41)River Song Wrote: I had a surprising eye opener last night. Me and the OH had gone to the village hall for the Harvest Supper - generally filled with old geezers like ourselves - not that much fun but one of those things you have to do.

Anyway we were sitting opposite our neighbours from across the road and the subject came to loss of power. (It's amazing the conversations that "The Blackout" has engendered -- made it a lot eaqsier ....)

I commented that loss of power means loss of water. My neighbour commented that there is a spring at the bottom of his garden !!!!!!
Deep Joy.

He also told me that the parish council had started drawing up emergency plans! - So off I troiled to see the chairman of the parish council who told me that theres an ex police officer who is heading up the drafting of the planning and they were currently making a list of people who hold certain equipment that could be used in an emergency.

He also said that they had authorised the purchase of 3 x baofengs UV5R's --- our parish council doesn't like to spend money so this was a minor miracle. One of the things that they want to do is create a 'prep list' for all the houses in the village on what to store etc etc.

I wonder how far this is duplicated up and down the country. What do you think? Please do not tell me that this is TPTB preparing us a for a false flag incident. I don't want to know.

I do think it might be a way to contribute to the greater good.

Even OH is now telling me to get involved. Wonders never cease.

Allons-y
I had a sneaking suspicion the blackout program was trying to get people prepared or maybe warn them - with the Syria threat and possible cyber attack as retaliation if we joined in on an attack against them.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.