Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bugging In.
23 September 2013, 10:58,
Bugging In.
from an American site, comment by James Wesley Rawles about how bad things could get, although it talks about American cities it would be no different here. http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-prepar...s_09222013
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 September 2013, 12:03,
RE: Bugging In.
Just listened to the Rawles interview --- Good stuff -- He's quite 'measured' which is more than I can say for his questioners. My Giddy Aunt. (It's all a consipracy yada yada yada)

The more I read and the more I research the more that I see that the actual complexity of society inevitably will lead to its collapse - either slowly with some bits of return to normalcy for a while but overall -- down the tubes --
23 September 2013, 12:17,
(23 September 2013, 12:03)River Song Wrote: normalcy

????

And here I was thinking you were a sweet English rose... Smile ...or is that a quote from JWR?

23 September 2013, 12:34,
I've heard some American sites go on about "normalcy bias"...something about people expecting it to go back to normal...and it dosent!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 September 2013, 13:55,
BP - I wouldn't say that Rawles has a "normalcy bias" in respect of things going back to normal. Maybe I should have said that compared to some of his questionners, he was the fount of moderation!

With respect to return to normalcy (whatever that means), my own reading leads me to believe that Western Civilisation will collapse slowly due to inherent weaknesses which reside in the complexities. Its over complex and the costs of keeping it going are not worth it any more. The returns from the investment are too small.

GG - now don't you try an teach a girl her grammar - we talk proper we do. :-) :-) :-)

Having said that, it's likely that some ground will be clawed back which might make matters "better" for a season, but only adds to the complexities which make it worse.

If however, we get a meteorite hit, or solar corona or something like WWIII then all bets are off.
23 September 2013, 14:00,
no RS, I meant SOME American SITES say that, not that JWR says that. anyway I believe your quite right, I think the whole western lifestyle has become too complex, too expensive and too overpopulated...some thing has to give and give soon! we have been living on debt in this country since the 1950s, the whole country is wallowing in debt, both national and personal, and guess what..its payback time!
23 September 2013, 17:08,
(23 September 2013, 13:55)River Song Wrote: With respect to return to normalcy (whatever that means)

GG - now don't you try an teach a girl her grammar - we talk proper we do. :-) :-) :-)

Smile

I shall withdraw then, into the comfort and normality of the English language and leave the laziness of American normalcy to you... Smile

23 September 2013, 19:45,
Just to clarify, there is no such thing as "American English". There is "English" and there is "Wrong".

Wink
24 September 2013, 01:02,
(23 September 2013, 19:45)Steve Wrote: Just to clarify, there is no such thing as "American English". There is "English" and there is "Wrong".

Wink

You forgot "Texan"! Big Grin
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
24 September 2013, 08:28, (This post was last modified: 24 September 2013, 08:29 by River Song.)
(23 September 2013, 19:45)Steve Wrote: Just to clarify, there is no such thing as "American English". There is "English" and there is "Wrong".

Wink

Will you let Micro$oft know or shall I ?

Wink

Will you let Micro$oft know or shall I ?