Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting answer from a friend
25 September 2013, 09:15,
Interesting answer from a friend
As usual I ask the odd person what they'd do if...X... "Because a friend asked me and I thought it a cool question."

One of the guards yesterday thought for a minute then said some really interesting stuff.

His whole family are military except him. So bare that in mind.

Looting was the main topic of conversation, but these thoughts were all his:

"Get my brothers and get seeds to grow food, because that's going to be what's needed,"

"I'd hide stuff from a supermarket near by, so that I could double up and come back later for more" - my personal favourite idea, logged and noted.

"Loot huge packs of fags and some drink. But hide them for later"

"Carry essentials, but loot goods (he meant luxuries) and hide them. If you lost your essentials, you'd be f***ed. But you can lose the other stuff."

"I'd go for the fags and s**t first, because competition for everything else would be much less."
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 September 2013, 10:40,
RE: Interesting answer from a friend
let people fight over ciggies and booze while i stock on more useful stuff...although i'm not so sure i want to be out amongst the looters... i would pick up fags and booze but not a priority(only for barter later on) any small injury picked up unnesscarily in mob scuffles could be the end of you without propper health care to fall back on.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
25 September 2013, 10:55,
(25 September 2013, 10:40)Midnitemo Wrote: let people fight over ciggies and booze while i stock on more useful stuff...although i'm not so sure i want to be out amongst the looters... i would pick up fags and booze but not a priority(only for barter later on) any small injury picked up unnesscarily in mob scuffles could be the end of you without propper health care to fall back on.

at last! joining the sheeple in their rioting could lead to serious injury or even death, that wont help your family/group will it? that's why we have stores so we don't have to put ourselves at risk.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 September 2013, 11:02,
Not many people died from the London riots a few years back. Better to be in the group than against it. But better to be away from the group than near it.

With respect, we work security. We'd be the first to know we could start looting haha. As soon as those cameras are down, we'd pop into the back, box of fags, a few bottles of alcohol, out the back fire escape, into the car, then go back for the proper goods, and loot there too. Then we'd have the stuff and be gone before anyone else was even at the store haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 September 2013, 11:07,
I don't mind grabbing a few bits in the early stages, before most of the sheeple realise its even happening but once the rioting starts in earnest i'm off back home. not that its going to happen here anyway, there isn't much here to riot over!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 September 2013, 11:10,
the London riots were a mere spot of hi jinx compared to the orgy of violence we may have instore for us and all those who got injured could make there way to A&E for patching up...not so in the future.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
25 September 2013, 11:17,
(25 September 2013, 11:10)Midnitemo Wrote: the London riots were a mere spot of hi jinx compared to the orgy of violence we may have instore for us and all those who got injured could make there way to A&E for patching up...not so in the future.

I agree, without rule of law(WROL)things will be far worse .
25 September 2013, 13:24,
(25 September 2013, 11:10)Midnitemo Wrote: the London riots were a mere spot of hi jinx compared to the orgy of violence we may have instore for us and all those who got injured could make there way to A&E for patching up...not so in the future.

M is very much a realist I fear.

A good eye opener to what we can expect is to check out the 2013 Cannon Press Photography of the year entries. Particularly those in the war/conflict category. Some of the images are profoundly disturbing.

WARNING don't let kids or sensitive folk view these with you. I'm serious, These images will rock the world of those who harbour rose tinted expectations of an immediate return to a wholesome, Good-Life type of existence.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

25 September 2013, 13:40,
(25 September 2013, 13:24)Lightspeed Wrote: A good eye opener to what we can expect is to check out the 2013 Cannon Press Photography of the year entries. Particularly those in the war/conflict category. These images will rock the world of those who harbour rose tinted expectations of an immediate return to a wholesome, Good-Life type of existence.

just had a peek, I see what you mean LS, dosent really bode well for the future does it?
25 September 2013, 14:05,
Re Cannon war entries. Can you provide url/weblink because I cant find it

TA