Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tricked!
28 September 2013, 09:49,
Tricked!
Somehow you have been duped and all turfed out of your bug in location without a shot fired or battle joined....your out front, all of you with just what you're stood up in.....What do you do?...have you got a contingency plan?
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
28 September 2013, 10:05,
RE: Tricked!
Yup, but it won't be easy, especially with others to look after!
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
28 September 2013, 10:11,
Reload from an older save and shoot the guy who did it instead. Tongue
28 September 2013, 11:08,
When you have to bug out you expect to do it in your own time with specially chosen and prepared kit....not so on this occassion! you're guy on watch slipped out the french doors for a crafty ciggy cos all looked quiet and he had a knife put to his throat by a body lurking out of sight, there in the house and standing over you pointing your own shotgun at you....luckily for you they just evict your group....what now?
28 September 2013, 12:19,
Awesome scenario. Kind of like, having to bug out to find your BOL is occupied.

This is the situation where I'd be glad I had caches.

It would be this exact situation that is why SD always tells me about plan C, D, Double DD, E, and F.

Plan B would be secondary BOL, still to be organised and cached up.

Plan C would be tertiary BOL, still in the planning process (by planning I mean finding).

But there's always the final resort options, such as find an area of woodland and open my "How to build a log cabin" book, and start working on that. However, that would require me to cache a load of tools....still to be done. Many have been purchased, but still got loads to sort.

There is always the option to go for an Earthship style build, or a Geodesic Dome (my personal favourite option). But these require major knowledge (Earthships sorted on that, but I don't know Geodesic mathematics...yet. Hoping to get a book for Xmas about that).

It would be a scenario like this that would make me pleased to have studied a bit of farming and foraging too. Very helpful for dealing with the unexpected.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 September 2013, 14:26,
1. find out how he got past the barbed wire and trip flares
2. find out how he got past the dogs
3. find out how he got past the second line watch
4. find out how he got past the locked doors layered inside the structure
5. if the guard that let him pass is not a family member, and still alive, cut his throat
6. Move to one of your buried caches, dig up the contents
7. Return to your spot, wait until the marauders go to sleep, then watch them go up in a mushroom cloud using your preset charges.
8. Move back in and rebuild
28 September 2013, 14:50,
Mort sounds like you've got it all squared away and it's most unlikely anybody is going to get past that lot..but my humble abode which i used in my minds eye for this scenario is in close proximity with my neighbours and has much less land/space...reason i came up with this is i'm at a loss as to what i'd do and i'm after idea's....have a place to cache gear but its 10 miles away,first bol is too.
28 September 2013, 17:12,
They may be in but they have to stay in. I'd definetly be wanting it back. I'd certainly start with negotiation though. You know this is my home etc. and although I would not want to die over it I would be less concerned about them.

After that it depends on how many there are and who they have hurt. I don't have everything there so could survive wiyhout it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 September 2013, 17:32,
This is why it's so important to be functioning as a neighborhood rather than just alone. A stranger (or strangers) in an alert neighborhood with more than one person watching would be much easier to stop.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
28 September 2013, 17:38,
My first idea was a cache in the garden something like Highlanders but my garden is small and overlooked and i'm pretty sure the new occupiers of my bug in location aren't going to sit back and watch me retrieve my cache unhindered.