Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recce & Patroling Course
16 December 2011, 20:15,
Recce & Patroling Course
Bout 6 or 7 years ago I did a 2 day patroling course to introduce non military community types of people to patroling and recconaisance it was fairly sucessful, day one was classroom work and day two was the group taking turns at leading a patrol along a course route with me encouraging them not critiquing them on things to look out for and how to move tactically and as safely as possible.

I may run another this summer if anyone is interested.

16 December 2011, 22:59,
RE: Recce & Patroling Course
Been so long I could probably do with a catch up... and no looking at my arse if I'm at the front....
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
17 December 2011, 17:04,
I'd be interested.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 December 2011, 22:40,
I'd be interested in this if it went ahead
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
19 December 2011, 22:45,
Dates, costs and location (not much then - sigh!) am up for it!

Ter

20 December 2011, 01:26,
I'd be game, assuming I can escape the wife and 2 babies. Where? When? I'm assuming it would be preferably nice and quiet, low key, far from the madding crowd.
20 December 2011, 10:12,
I'm thinking next summer, the last one was in Northumberland but that to far north for most of you , So probably Hamsterly forest in Weardale.
I dont charge for anything normally it goes against my beliefs in sharing skills , I only charge when contracted to make tailor made plans for individual families, so the costs would only be those involved in geting there.

Ideally when SD eventually get regular RZs sorted for the Cheshire area we could probably do one down there which would be more convenient for most of you.

20 December 2011, 15:16,
I'll be happy to arrange something but I need to find out some things first. I'll PM you and we can discuss.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
20 December 2011, 22:47,
yes would be up for that depends when work etc

b/d
28 January 2012, 20:43,
Yep Id like to be on the course or help out, I dont mind playing 'enemy' encampment, Tongue