Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You must leave fast
7 October 2013, 15:05,
Video  You must leave fast
You have bugged in , the shtf six weeks ago , up till now you have been ok and layed low. You are now hearing lots of movement and screams ring out you think this is heading your way ,after a little recon you catch sight of a gang of six people , they are looking in EVERY house , barn,out building ....Nothing is missed , you witness brutal beatings and death, you head back home and decide to bug out, but you are worried ,what if your BOL has been discovered, you would be out in the open........your only means of transport are two bicycles and a small trailer, by now you can hear something coming closer.....you are now trying to think of what to take and survive with ......you know you have to go now! ......you have planned for this and all is loaded you are just about to leave and in a flash you think gardening tools and seed ...none are packed , you have three mins to grab gear WHAT TOOLS and SEEDS are you taking,......you are already overloaded ,or would you dump something in order to take the tools ....if so what are you going to loose.
7 October 2013, 15:16, (This post was last modified: 7 October 2013, 15:19 by Midnitemo.)
RE: You must leave fast
Depending on how there armed and how competent they appear to be i'd consider throwing in a snap ambush....i have four shotgun's and the ranges are all under 50m in the vicinity of my bug in so suitable for 00 buck.....if you can drop three in the opening seconds you're probably going to do ok.

If i were opting to bug out then tools would be left...i think tools are not going to be a high priority for these raiders + tools can be improvised orpicked up in a host of locations.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
7 October 2013, 15:34,
Tools equal work!

These folk are not interested in work!

Get out of sight, circle back when they leave and get your seed and tools.

That is not what I would do, but I am not in GB.
7 October 2013, 15:56,
(7 October 2013, 15:34)Mortblanc Wrote: Tools equal work!

Ditto Mortblanc.

These raiders will be looking for easy pickings and immediate consumable/ usable items.

Get the hell out and return when the coast is clear.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

7 October 2013, 16:08,
This makes a good case for already having pre-positioned, well concealed caches of the most critical goods and multiple hides within adrenaline-flight burst escape distances.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
7 October 2013, 16:22,
(7 October 2013, 15:56)Lightspeed Wrote:

Ditto Mortblanc.

These raiders will be looking for easy pickings and immediate consumable/ usable items.

Get the hell out and return when the coast is clear.

tools = weapons, a spade, a fork and a dutch hoe can all be deadly weapons in the wrong hands!

if possible i'd hide what i could, and maybe just scatter the seeds on some bare soil if i had time, very unlikely looters would go about picking up individual seeds, where as you'd likely go back and pick them up as you know thier value.

BUT...... if you did intend to return, who says more looters are not on thier way?
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
7 October 2013, 16:27,
its probably already too late if their here already!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 October 2013, 16:49,
Some good points but , in my group there are fifteen ,seven are aged eleven down to three, MB /LS your right to a degree but they are not interested in some tools n seed they want food and anything they can barta with,don't forget the decision has been made You are off! Your bol might well have been discovered your other bol although has some supplies you have to take some tools and seed to survive ....you may not be able to return HOME for months.....your that worried,........you have no choice you have got to take your gardening gear with you NOW
7 October 2013, 16:55,

Theres always the danger that as you're a prepper they might find your accomodation and preps most agreeable and decide to become long term houseguests.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
7 October 2013, 16:58, (This post was last modified: 7 October 2013, 17:38 by bigpaul.)
(7 October 2013, 16:49)Straight Shooter Wrote: Some good points but , in my group there are fifteen ,seven are aged eleven down to three, MB /LS your right to a degree but they are not interested in some tools n seed they want food and anything they can barta with,don't forget the decision has been made You are off! Your bol might well have been discovered your other bol although has some supplies you have to take some tools and seed to survive ....you may not be able to return HOME for months.....your that worried,........you have no choice you have got to take your gardening gear with you NOW

sorry SS, 15 with 7 under 12(some quite small) you said? and you think you can bug out with that lot in under 3 minutes???

get trapped in the open with that lot and your in trouble-would have thought with 8 adults(even if 2 are looking after the youngsters) you could see off 6 scum who will find easier places to rob!

even an 11 year old is quite capable of cocking a pistol crossbow!!Blush
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.