Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why i wont be charitable WTSHTF.
13 October 2013, 11:02,
why i wont be charitable WTSHTF.
American site, talks about giving food to strangers and the OPSEC reasons for not doing so, I cant fault any of it and pretty much agree with every word that is said and for the reasons stated. http://www.thedailysheeple.com/why-I-won...htf_102013
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 October 2013, 11:32,
RE: why i wont be charitable WTSHTF.
Charity in general is just not affordable to us but there are different kinds of charity. Many I don't subscribe too which has fat cat salaries while those on the shop front do it for free and most of the funds are wasted. Then there is helping a neighbour in a time of need especially when it is just a temporary dip. Sure you could take advantage, and many do, but in a community then sometimes charity is the right thing to do.

Every situation needs to be examined and each may have a different solution but after an event 99% of the cases we meet will have to get nothing if we are to survive.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
13 October 2013, 12:07, (This post was last modified: 13 October 2013, 12:10 by Sunna.)
most of this was covered in my thread fight or negation you give food away or risk people takeing it from you .
its a hard one for sure ,id try to make people think i had little or no food and ask them if they had any to spair .

but if you dont look hank marvin you ant gonner get away with it...Smile

sorry thats negotiation.....hangover....Sad
Survive the jive (youtube )
13 October 2013, 13:27,
I don't know how many times this has been covered in the last year or two but it does not get any easier for me to be honest, I will play my cards when in the thick of it ,its good to bring these things up ,and forces us to think HOW is it really possible to give honest answers? .
13 October 2013, 13:52,
I just think "what is the best thing to do for my family?" decide on the best course of action and STICK TO IT!....being a miserly old git helps too!!TongueBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 October 2013, 15:58,
Yes BP at that may do it for me...thinking of mine...... but I have played this over and over I think what the worst thing will be.....mothers with kids knocking my door begging for my help .....however lf they tried taking stuff ....that would bring out the bastard in me.
13 October 2013, 17:12,
well, unless you go around telling everyone you have "stuff" why would they pick on your door, as opposed to anyone elses, to bang on?? keeping SHTUM about prepping is good OPSEC!!Big Grin
13 October 2013, 17:48,
dont tell people you have food

dont cook outside

dont let your guard down , ie if someone offers something for food [something you want/need] even then dont let on you have food .
as soon as people know you have food thay may tell others who tell others before you know it half the street know.
Survive the jive (youtube )
13 October 2013, 18:09,
You either include neighbors in your plans as you practice and train now, or you plan to evade them later when the time comes, as well as hiding your preps from them.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
13 October 2013, 18:14,
I've given much away in the past and probably I'll give some more away, especially to some of my neighbours who are old. Last winter when we were without electricity I gave several meals to my old neighbours. Probably this year if we have power cuts, I will dothe same. However, if a Survival situation arises, I will be bugging out and there will be no more charity from then on. Kenneth Eames.