Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dartmoor 6 + Mr Fox
14 October 2013, 09:01,
RE: The Dartmoor 6 + Mr Fox
Good write up S13 very amusing and a good camp and as for me and mcavity going the other way that must of been some sort of breakdown in communication Big Grin
And thank you for the gifts S13 and MikeA very much appreciated
Thank you very much for them and a great time was had
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
14 October 2013, 09:05,
(14 October 2013, 09:01)TheFalcon Wrote: Good write up S13 very amusing and a good camp and as for me and mcavity going the other way that must of been some sort of breakdown in communication Big Grin
And thank you for the gifts S13 and MikeA very much appreciated
Thank you very much for them and a great time was had

Looking forward to the next one?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
14 October 2013, 09:06,
In a word.......Yes
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
14 October 2013, 09:07,
Damn right.

But this one will be heavily organised and much more fun...I promise.
15 October 2013, 03:14,
(13 October 2013, 16:43)Scythe13 Wrote: ...As it turned out, there was a lovely bunch of boulder in the middle of the stream, making a kind of grassy island...

Scythe, you've surprised me here, more than just a bit. You had waterlogged ground, inviting wet run-off and the potential for more rain to follow and you still chose to camp on a island in the middle of a stream...

Early pioneers were aware of the possibility of streams/rivers rising through the night and always made their crossing before making camp.

That was a choice that could have been a very dangerous one for you...

15 October 2013, 07:54,
(15 October 2013, 03:14)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote:
(13 October 2013, 16:43)Scythe13 Wrote: ...As it turned out, there was a lovely bunch of boulder in the middle of the stream, making a kind of grassy island...

Scythe, you've surprised me here, more than just a bit. You had waterlogged ground, inviting wet run-off and the potential for more rain to follow and you still chose to camp on a island in the middle of a stream...

Early pioneers were aware of the possibility of streams/rivers rising through the night and always made their crossing before making camp.

Doesn't surprise me Scythe is known for pushing the boundaries Big Grin
15 October 2013, 08:32,
(15 October 2013, 03:14)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote:

It just looked like a more entertaining site. I had factored in the fact we were in a valley, the overhead clouds, weather forecasts, and the alike, but that's why I opted for the basha, to be able to get out as quick as need be, if the need arose. But I thought it made it a bit more interesting. This is exactly why I tell people to do as I say and to NEVER copy what I actually DO.
Here is another example of doing something I recommend other people don't do:
http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.php?tid=1487
15 October 2013, 09:25,
On the plus side, if it did go wrong Scythe would have achieved immortality by winning gold at the Darwin Awards Smile
15 October 2013, 09:35,
Scythe will be an example to us all. One way or another.Smile
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 October 2013, 13:04,
Great weekend dudes - Lets keep it up. Big Grin