Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pepper spray
16 October 2013, 00:15,
Pepper spray
Jus wondered what people think about pepper spray as a deterrent ? I can make the liquid easily with EXTREMELY hot chillies, but am trying to think of a delivery system which would work, it's easy enough to put in a hand spray but that only has a small range of about a meter I was wanting/hoping to get to about 8-10 feet or more, any ideas ?
16 October 2013, 04:49,
RE: Pepper spray
I would not have much faith in any home made pepper spray unless you are a trained chemist with law enforcement or military experience in formulating such products.

When we carried pepper spray on the job we were required also to be sprayed with it, so we would know its effects. In my experience it is more effective on dogs than it is on people who are high on drugs, mentally unbalanced or enraged and engaging in aggressive behavior. This link has good information on chemical defense sprays which are commonly sold in the US and Canada. I do now know anything about their legality in UK or the EU. You must educate yourself.

I carry the same MACE brand "sticky foam" is issued to local police. Doing so is legal for civilians. You can but this over the counter and carry it. I would use a chemical defensive spray as part of an escalation of force continuum if a threat does not respond to a verbal command, and persists in approaching closer after warning, prior to drawing my licensed firearm, which I am trained and qualified to use and permitted to carry concealed.

http://www.womenonguard.com/faqs.htm

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
16 October 2013, 08:03,
I am sure that pepper spray would be as good after an event as it is today, it would certainly make people back off if its made well,... there has been several threads on it and most people I think like the idea

http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.p...pper+spray
A major part of survival is invisibility.
16 October 2013, 08:12,
I like the idea. Non-Lethal, and buys time to run, or incapacitates and buys time to 'eliminate' the threat.

As for delivery method, you'd need something reliable, but that can also provide a constant 'stream' of the stuff. Watergun sounds best to me, but still hugely impractical.

This is the kind of item people are likely to 'Black Ops' prep, and not home brew and bottle. Good thinking though mate.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
16 October 2013, 09:03,
post event would be useful to have, pre event they are illegal, mate of mine got one and was prosecuted for it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 October 2013, 12:16,
This is obviously a purely hypothetical thread obviously as it is completely illegal to use or own any type of pepper spray, I merely currently have some chillie sauce Big Grin and am talking post shtf.
My chillies are bhut jolokia, or ghost chill is, apparently the second hottest chilli in the world, Indian security forces use them in their pepper spray and smoke grenades.
My first thought was a water pistol but they are wholly unreliable, iv heard somewhere of some chillie type products in paintballs, gives you the same kind of effect with a hell of a lot more punch, I would definitely be thinking twice if I got hit in the face with a paintball full of chilli pepper juice Tongue
16 October 2013, 12:37,
seen this work on the doors, jiff lemon stings like f**k cheap .
Survive the jive (youtube )
16 October 2013, 12:39,
(16 October 2013, 12:16)Bonnox Wrote: iv heard somewhere of some chillie type products in paintballs, gives you the same kind of effect with a hell of a lot more punch, I would definitely be thinking twice if I got hit in the face with a paintball full of chilli pepper juice Tongue

Nice idea, but you'd have to keep the marker fully loaded and any potential breaks in the hopper could really cause you some problems. Should be doable though. I'd just try and Black Ops it, if it was an option I was looking at.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
16 October 2013, 12:54,
a friend of mine has a can of de icer by the door now that hurts in your eyes
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
16 October 2013, 13:34,
Google reusable aerosol can.