Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firearm legalities
16 October 2013, 10:59,
Firearm legalities
was just having ponder really

Is there any part of a firearm the is more illegal to have than others?

i know ammo would be, but say if i owned the frame of a pistol, and someone else in my group owned the barrel, someone else owned the slide etc etc, would this attract big penalties?

what i'm trying to get at is, i know it's illegal to own a firearm, but if i had a component of one in my posession, would i be treated the same should the plod find it?

Note to Mi5/Mi6/govt/police secret squirrels........ i'm posing this as a hypothetical question, i do not own, or intend to own a firearm or firearm components, now go after some real criminals.........
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
16 October 2013, 11:22,
RE: Firearm legalities
There are two parts that mae up the registered part. The receiver, the pit that holds the case as it is being fired and the barrel. They need to be proofed. The rest is classed as add ons and you can have as many as you want and change at will. Ammunition is also restricted to purchase and amounts you can buy and keep are limited..
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 October 2013, 11:46,
you can own all the component parts to make up ammunition legally its only when you build it it becomes illegal.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
16 October 2013, 14:05,
I also know of a case where a guy owned an old spec deactivated sten gun and he made a new bolt and firing pin for it(he was a model engineer) in effect reactivating it...his house was searched on an unrelated reason and the sten gun was found assembled discovered to be a working firearm and he ended up in prison....not worth it as its a mandatory 5 years now....deac firearms are know butchered to such an extent that even moses couldn't make them work.
16 October 2013, 16:21,
Just been reminded that primers are not for sale to the public unrestricted any longer...recent change in the law.