Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bubble wrap
18 October 2013, 10:07,
Bubble wrap
Hi guys anyone used bubble wrap as an emergency wrap. My and a work mate were caught away from camp when we were hit by a flash flood. We had to travel from one end of the festival site to the other to evacuate a marquee due to structure damage. The only water proof material was the bubble wrap used to pack the coolers in the bar so we made them into pullovers coming down to our knees. They kept us dry and very warm all nite we were wearing polo shirts as it was very hot so all our kit was in camp
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles
18 October 2013, 10:40,
RE: Bubble wrap
Never used bubble wrap for clothing. Have used it over the flat windows when we were just outside Taunton. Worked as double glazing, to keep out the cold and keep in the heat. Thankfully we're now in a proper house, not a flat, and not rented, so we have good quality windows that don't need insulating.

As for clothing, I have a plastic dust sheet thing, as recommended in another thread for use in shelter building, which could double up as a poncho, if I couldn't get my poncho from my bag, or my waterproof jacket. I think a roll of bubble wrap might be a bit of overkill, to be fair. But I'm glad it worked for you guys. Being wet and cold when you're working sucks!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
18 October 2013, 10:59,
I think normally we would have the appropriate gear for the appropriate job but in an emergency use what you can find, I've seen them at Pilton using bin bags for rain macs, some of my homeless friends are adapt at using what they can find in bins.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 October 2013, 11:17,
Yeah this was a make the best of it job not my first choice but when your a mile away from camp and it's peeing down keep you nice and warm
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles
18 October 2013, 17:09,
Bubble wrap has always been a good insulator. It has a variety of uses and should be in everyones preps.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 October 2013, 17:14,
cant stand the stuff-wife keeps popping the bubbles, which I hate!!Big GrinBig Grin I keep several foil blankets instead in my kit.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.