Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martial Arts Training
21 October 2013, 10:12,
Martial Arts Training
Hi do you or have you trained. I study ju-jutsu judo and ninjutsu also training in various other things my question is do you train if so what drew you to that style or method ?
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles
21 October 2013, 11:20,
RE: Martial Arts Training
8 years Wing Chun (while at school)
4 years (split into 1 year and a 3 year period) Tai Chi
4 Years BJJ
2 years MMA

My preference....just run away when possible. Confuses the hell out of most people haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
21 October 2013, 11:22,
I had training when I was younger but never really progressed it once I discovered bikes and girls.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 October 2013, 11:34,
I have done some mma and BJJ good fun
21 October 2013, 12:39,
tryed all sorts over the years, the stuff that stuck was stomp kicks[wing chun] and kick boxing free style,ie nicking bits off other styles.
this was before mma ,being a 20st bodybuilder helped the best on the doors just being heaver/stronger than most.
iv worked with a lot of martial arts guys most dident last always looking for room to do their fancy moves ,not the best in a packed night club.
i do respect judo iv worked with some great guys who could handle themselves well,judo just is not cool no van dam films but its the best for all round fighting.

ps, doing it in a church hall twice a week with some guy telling you , he will come at you like that so you do this just is not the real world ...Smile
Survive the jive (youtube )
21 October 2013, 12:42,
Wado Ryu as youth...still use a few bits and pieces from those endless kata's on occasion.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
21 October 2013, 12:53,
come up behind them with a big brick might just do the trick!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 October 2013, 14:35,
Shotokan Karate for 4 years as a teen

then a little bit of taekwando, though it's very hard on your joints so had to give it up as at that time i had a bit of a dicky knee
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
21 October 2013, 14:53,
(21 October 2013, 12:39)Sunna Wrote: tryed all sorts over the years, the stuff that stuck was stomp kicks[wing chun] and kick boxing free style,ie nicking bits off other styles.
this was before mma ,being a 20st bodybuilder helped the best on the doors just being heaver/stronger than most.
iv worked with a lot of martial arts guys most dident last always looking for room to do their fancy moves ,not the best in a packed night club.
i do respect judo iv worked with some great guys who could handle themselves well,judo just is not cool no van dam films but its the best for all round fighting.

ps, doing it in a church hall twice a week with some guy telling you , he will come at you like that so you do this just is not the real world ...Smile

I work with a lot of big lads on the door still lift weights mainly functional training my stuff doesn't contain any fluff
22 October 2013, 05:44,
over 30 years training in krav maga and over 20 years in Systema
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/