Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHAIN-saw
24 October 2013, 21:54,
CHAIN-saw
It arrived!

I am now the proud owner of a Chain-saw. Not the electrical type. The kind that is a chainsaw chain, with the teeth and everything, but with 2 handles on either side, to facilitate some choppy choppy cutting...oh wait, I mean slicey-slicey.

I'll be posting a review on it soon, but so far...seems okay. I'm going to be trying it out after this weekend. Wedding anniversary, so no time to test preps...or is there....?

Well, anyway, just thought I'd give everyone a heads up and let you all know there's a new piece of kit I'll be reviewing on here soon.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
24 October 2013, 22:17,
RE: CHAIN-saw
All types of timber greatly welcomed ......stance is everything S haha.
26 October 2013, 09:43,
Which type did you get?
I first had the Webtex at about £12 with power chainsaw type blades and although it did the job it tended to jam easily. When my bro saw it he gave me one like this - http://www.outofdoors.co.uk/p55/Unbeliev...w/c0-22-22 and it just glides through the wood. It is a smoother chain with teeth more like a pruning saw and is well worth the extra money.
26 October 2013, 11:30,
(26 October 2013, 09:43)Dorset Lad Wrote: Which type did you get?
I first had the Webtex at about £12 with power chainsaw type blades and although it did the job it tended to jam easily. When my bro saw it he gave me one like this - http://www.outofdoors.co.uk/p55/Unbeliev...w/c0-22-22 and it just glides through the wood. It is a smoother chain with teeth more like a pruning saw and is well worth the extra money.

Hand Operated ?????

It will TOTALLY ruin my hands darling

Big Grin
26 October 2013, 11:49,
I have just chained my blade on my electric chain saw, but I kept the old one,... it will make a perfect hand chain saw as the teeth on the electric chain saws are that much smaller
A major part of survival is invisibility.
26 October 2013, 11:53, (This post was last modified: 26 October 2013, 11:54 by bigpaul.)
I use a hand saw and a bow saw.

and a folding saw for smaller stuff.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 October 2013, 12:12,
I have access to a couple a small bar and a larger one. Got some folders and a bow saw. Bought one of those multi head strimmers that has an extendable chainsaw very useful for pruning
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles
26 October 2013, 20:13,
I have one of those in my bob, looks a quality bit of kit.....not tested it though.....yet.
26 October 2013, 23:20,
While it's nice & compact, I use the folding saw type with the proper blade rather than the chain.

Cost me £5 from wilkinsons. Although it took a full day, it happily reduced the severely overgrown conifer in my back garden to a pile of branches & some nice chunks of logs for my dads fire. They're so good, i invested in a couple more for my gardening business.
27 October 2013, 01:05,
if it runs on gasoline might be worth looking at putting a lpg adapter on it so you can create your own fuel when SHTF.

personally I prefer syngas because wood gasification is easy to do. likewise if you have access to coal that is even better.

methane is a good choice but you need to let nature do its work whether its anaerobic digestion or bio mass heap.

hydrogen & solar power is good as well but you need the right cell and not some basic dry cell off youtube.

it might be worth getting a battery bank and powering it though solar or get an inverter and power that though 5-8 magnetic generators.

or you could get 10 friends using push bike generators to allow you chop wood via electric motor saw lol.

its fun to be a engineer.