Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SHEEPLE turned PREPPER
24 October 2013, 21:59,
SHEEPLE turned PREPPER
This week been working on opening up a chimney relinning and replastering over insulated plaster board walls , fitting the multi fuel stove tomorrow , not that unusual really till the conversation today ....I,m getting ready I think its going to go tits up ..he continues..they have already told us the lights may go off.....that means they will go off, at least we will be warm and we can cook something hot, I said its a very sound and correct step in the right direction , I suggested he get some oil lamps and told him where to go........he said good idea but I,v got a genny in the garage, he wanted to tell me more.......will suss him out further but will not show my hand. , PEOPLE ARE WAKING UP which is good , may make a prepper out of him we will see.
24 October 2013, 22:04,
RE: SHEEPLE turned PREPPER
Awesome. Mate, that's really cool.

We have a neighbour who I suspected was a prepper. Turns out....she is. The fact she popped round with 2kg of Kale and the alike is awesome!!! She's our kind of person too, really kick ass, great laugh, into plants, and the alike. Legend of a human being, and pleased to say, she's out newest friend...7 doors away haha!!! I said that I didn't think we'd hit the bottom of the recession. Her response "You think this is bad. You can see what's happening, and you ain't seen nothing yet." I kind of expected people to jump out and start singing "B-B-B-B-Baby, you ain't seen nothing yet..."
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 October 2013, 02:33,
Bravo Zulu!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
25 October 2013, 11:21,
I'm still having to go the softly softly approach with my relatives. For example, the US defaulting would be a pretty plausible economic shtf event, which is very likely to affect us and other countries like Greece and Ireland.

I've just about got to the point where they agree if I say "You should probably get some cash out of the bank, and keep the tank topped up, it may be like the petrol tankers strike again, where everyone panicked and made it much worse" without getting a strange look.

My dad is still very much a sheep though. He has his stuff taking up space all over the house, and he moans at me for storing a few cases of bottled water, tinned food, and other stuff, under the bed in my old bedroom, and doesn't seem to get the idea of rotation of stored food. I say he can take what he wants, as long as he replaces it. What is there not to understand?
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
25 October 2013, 14:35,
(24 October 2013, 21:59)Straight Shooter Wrote: .....he said good idea but I,v got a genny in the garage,

you should have told him to watch Blackout on C4 on demand lol, he may think twice about sparking up that genny
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
26 October 2013, 01:26,
I am sure there will be a serious hell of a lot more "preppers" good and bad out there than we will ever get on any forum. They will be a cross section and of all differing degrees of prep. Possibly many of them will not even have heard of the phrase "prepping" (lol) and some may not even realise that they fall into this category by their actions. Some aware of the bigger picture and some not but still attempting to follow a similar independent lifestyle. We could be in a very small minority by being members on line. Most probably, especially judging by the number of guests and site hits which dwarf the membership figures by magnitudes.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
26 October 2013, 10:25,
we were talking about this this morning the wife and I, in our families it was always common practise to have a larder and to buy stuff BEFORE we ran out, also to buy stuff when it was ON OFFER rather than full price, the south west is not a well paid area so it just makes sense to save money where we can. for instance I have just restocked our Branston Baked beans 4 packs, in the local Co-oP were on offer for half price, so I bought a load and stocked up the larder. its not prepping, its being careful with money and not spending more than we have to!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 October 2013, 20:24, (This post was last modified: 26 October 2013, 20:26 by Straight Shooter.)
Well finished the job today and fired it up, pulling like a tractor, no more chat with regard to prepping but sure he,s on our road.....good luck to him and his loverly wife.

The age group is 60 to 70 for those interested
27 October 2013, 01:13,
When SHTF the 1st thing im going to do is take out my oldmans wood stove. No offence guys but wood stoves are like a 4.0 litre gasoline engine with 3 turbos inside.

I will build a rocket mass heater asap!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoW-ICO83hM

Extremely fuel efficient and produce more heat than wood stoves.

Simple. In a wood stove you are not allowing gasification to happen and your letting those particles that create Syngas escape though the chimney. In the rocket mass heater the Syngas ignites .
27 October 2013, 09:52,
I would like to make one.....with a heat exchanger for hot water and central heating......has this been done C ....any plans?? Great post thanks