Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the zombies are comimg
30 October 2013, 22:28,
the zombies are comimg
the taxi looks good

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ndead.html
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
30 October 2013, 22:46,
RE: the zombies are comimg
I liked the bus from a normal perspective as well.
30 October 2013, 23:04,
The Taxi as a bug out vehicle isn't such a bad idea... and now thanks to the good mayor of London quite financially viable....the older fx4's are built like a tank , turn on a sixpence(handy for unexpected roadblocks) very simple , easy to drive(automatic) higher than average ground clearance , low tech(no gizmo's to go wrong) relatively spacious and easily reconfigured....but most importantly cheap...thanks Boris or was it Ken?
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
31 October 2013, 01:16,
When I was in the Navy a group of officers pitched in together and bought a Checker taxicab. It was rebuilt, repainted in official looking colors, emblazoned with ship and squadron insignia and decals, sneaked aboard ship, and its care entrusted to the ship's Master At Arms, the Sergeant Major of our Marine Detachment. Whenever we made a Liberty Port, our "Navy Taxi" was entrusted to the Master At Arms for appropriate assignments as approved by the Officer of the Deck after submittal to the Chief of the Watch. Its main purpose was as emergency transportation to ensure that ship's personnel who suffered the consequences of Demon Rum would make it back to the ship. I quiet times it delivered toys and ice cream from the ship's mess to orphan's homes being accompanied by Santa Claus and his two Marine elves wearing their dress blues. The cab completed seven tours of the Western Pacific before its engine was trashed by ingesting volcanic ash from the eruption of Mount Pinatubo in 1991.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
31 October 2013, 10:33,
(30 October 2013, 23:04)Midnitemo Wrote: The Taxi as a bug out vehicle isn't such a bad idea... and now thanks to the good mayor of London quite financially viable....the older fx4's are built like a tank , turn on a sixpence(handy for unexpected roadblocks) very simple , easy to drive(automatic) higher than average ground clearance , low tech(no gizmo's to go wrong) relatively spacious and easily reconfigured....but most importantly cheap...thanks Boris or was it Ken?

Agree. That rendering of the London cab is fantastic. Where though would you purchase a used FX4 and why are they now financially viable?

Of even more interest to me is what is the fuel consumption on an Indian Tuk-Tuk? Where can I get one? It would make an idea vehicle as a post-TU way for me to get to my hairdresser :-)
31 October 2013, 14:07, (This post was last modified: 31 October 2013, 14:32 by Midnitemo.)
RS....the mayor of London has decreed that black cabs cannot be older than 16 years old to qualify for a hackney licence meaning there are a fair few well cared for teenage black cabs out there looking for a new home, fleabay/loot/exchange and mart and the london/home counties car auctions would be my first port of call.

Was looking to buy one myself recently to replace other halfs 200000 mile + astra....she veto'd it Sad the one i was looking at was 18yrs old with full service history really tidy full mot £1195

this was the cheapest i found after a quick trawl eBay item number:

i'd hang on and pay a bit more for a tidier one but it gives you an idea

a bit dearer and more modern eBay item number:

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!