Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rediscovered pleasure
4 November 2013, 12:51,
Rediscovered pleasure
For a bit of fun, and with temperatures now dropping, I purchased a few hot water bottles. The ones that have knitted pullover type covers.

They have proven to be a revelation. We'd not used hot water bottles since childhood, and had forgotten how effective and pleasurable they are!

Certainly a good way to prepare beds and bedding for the night, and they've proven very effective at keeping us cozy until dawn.

Ours get filled with water heated on the wood burner, making them a good bug-in, off-grid solution as well.

So pleasurable are they, that we'll be buying a bundle more to hold in reserve.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

4 November 2013, 12:59,
RE: Rediscovered pleasure
I haven't used a hot water bottle for over 40 years, I had a tendency to wake up in the middle of the night with my feet on a COLD water bottle!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 November 2013, 13:17,
(4 November 2013, 12:59)bigpaul Wrote: I haven't used a hot water bottle for over 40 years, I had a tendency to wake up in the middle of the night with my feet on a COLD water bottle!!Big Grin

The ones in pullovers that we have are staying warm until morning. In fact one of them is child's one I a cuddly toy and this is staying hot until morning...

Go on BP go and get one to rediscover the pleasure!
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

4 November 2013, 13:27,
It's funny seeing this thread as we all used them just last night. Kids included.

Ours didn't stay warm all night, they have covers but not wool.
4 November 2013, 13:32,
(4 November 2013, 13:27)Geordie_Rob Wrote: It's funny seeing this thread as we all used them just last night. Kids included.

We have very high tog duvets on the beds now, so this may be helping with heat retention.

But they're bloody brilliant, aren't they!
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

4 November 2013, 13:38,
(4 November 2013, 13:32)Lightspeed Wrote:
(4 November 2013, 13:27)Geordie_Rob Wrote: It's funny seeing this thread as we all used them just last night. Kids included.

We have very high tog duvets on the beds now, so this may be helping with heat retention.

But they're bloody brilliant, aren't they!

We still have the summer quilt on at the minute as I didn't think it was cold enough to need the thicker quilt. A pair of quality PJ's, bed socks & water bottle worked fine & it means the winter quilt is held in reserve for when it gets even colder.
4 November 2013, 14:21,
I have an OH
4 November 2013, 14:47,
(4 November 2013, 14:21)River Song Wrote: I have an OH

dittoBig GrinBig Grin and a decent quilt and a "throw" to chuck over our feet when its really cold!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 November 2013, 21:01,
We have the same amount of bedding,.... i.e. one quilt all year round, and sleep with the window open, very rarely do we get cold
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 November 2013, 21:18,
(4 November 2013, 12:51)Lightspeed Wrote: For a bit of fun, and with temperatures now dropping, I purchased a few hot water bottles. The ones that have knitted pullover type covers.

They have proven to be a revelation. We'd not used hot water bottles since childhood, and had forgotten how effective and pleasurable they are!

Certainly a good way to prepare beds and bedding for the night, and they've proven very effective at keeping us cozy until dawn.

Ours get filled with water heated on the wood burner, making them a good bug-in, off-grid solution as well.

So pleasurable are they, that we'll be buying a bundle more to hold in reserve.

funny thing me and my wife were taking about them today ,thinking about getting some ,you've just made up my mind my friend .
be getting some tomorrow
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!